Guest Kenny

Titanic 3D, a Myanmar first.

Guest Kenny

Titanic to be Myanmar’s first film

From Phnom Penh Post

Wednesday 15th August 2012

The first movie to play in Myanmar in more than a decade will be Titanic 3-D, Twentieth Century Fox has announced.

The film will open on Saturday, August 17 in the Southeast Asian nation formerly known as Burma after Fox made an agreement with Mingalar Co, a local importer that operates eight single-screen cinemas in the country.

Read More Here

Mindless

Hmmm a depressing movie wonder if its a metaphor for the regime

Guest Kenny

I'll go out on a limb and say both Cameron's block busters were OK but hugely over rated and over hyped.

Both Titanic and Avatar were OK films but for me no big deal.

Actually, to be honest, I thought Avatar was poor.

Monsters Inc was better.

The man has an advertising flair though, I'll give him that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• mollydooker
      By mollydooker
      Anyone visited here ??

• TorJay
      By TorJay
      Myanmar to follow Cambodia’s lead in documenting recent history Fri, 13 September 2013 Poppy McPherson  
      Myanmar is in the process of setting up a documentation centre to reflect on decades of human rights abuses. It’s using the records of Toul Sleng prison as inspiration.

When Chit Min Lay first visited Toul Sleng last month, the cramped cells and blood-splattered walls were eerily familiar. It looked just like “his jailâ€: the concrete box in Myanmar where he spent 14 years as a political prisoner. He saw the photographs of victims, and turned away.

“I didn’t dare to see their faces, because I lost my friends in prison. I didn’t want to see these horrible things.â€

Read more:  http://www.phnompenhpost.com/7days/myanmar-follow-cambodia%E2%80%99s-lead-documenting-recent-history

• Guest Kenny
      By Guest Kenny
      Myanmar’s Leader Invites U.S. Businesses to Return
      From New York Times
      Friday 13th July 2012
      By Jane Perlez
      SIEM REAP, Cambodia — President Thein Sein of Myanmar addressed a dinner of American business executives in this city near the ancient ruins of Angkor Wat on Friday, inviting them to invest in his impoverished country after an absence of 25 years.

Read More Here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.