Guest Kenny

Cambodian Visa, Entry and Exit Requirements

Guest Kenny

Visas are available at overseas Cambodian embassies, on arrival at all international airports and most international border crossing checkpoints, and through the new online E-Visa procedure.

A passport with at least four month validity is required. A visa is required for most nationalities. (Philippine and Malaysian nationals do not require tourist visas for a stay up to 21 and 30 days respectively. Singaporean nationality is also exempt from the usual visa requirement.) No special permits are required.

One-month tourist visa (Type ‘T’): US$20. Business visa (Type ‘E’): US$25. Diplomatic, Official, Courtesy, and Special (Cambodian) visas are issued free of charge.

Visa prices are often higher at Thai overland crossings.

One 4x6 photo is required.

Tourist visas can be extended for one month, but only one time.

Business visas can be renewed indefinitely.

Renew visas through a travel agent or the ...

‘Department for Foreigners’

Confederation de Russie (‘Airport Road’)

located opposite Phnom Penh International Airport.

Tel: 012-581558.

Fax: 023-890380.

E-mail: visa_info@online.com.kh.

Renew Diplomatic, Courtesy and Official visas at the Consular section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

E-Visa:..The Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs now offers 'e-visa' - visas available on line through the Ministry's website. Scan of passport and passport size photo required. Payment by credit card. US$25 for a 30 day visa (three month validity.) Processing time: 3 days. Issued by email and print from from your computer. The Ministry recently announced that e-visa entry points now include Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, the Bavet/Moc Bai border crossing, the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing and the Koh Kong/Had Lek border crossing. See the Ministry website at:

Visas at Overland Border Crossings

Border crossing with Laos: Border policies are not stable. Travelers report that Cambodian visas are available at the border but Laotian visas are not available at the border.

Border crossings with Vietnam: Cambodian visas are available at the Moc Bai/Bavet and 'Chau Doc' border crossings. Vietnamese visas are not available at any overland border crossing.

Border crossings with Thailand: Cambodian visas and 30-day Thai transit visas are available at all Thai/Cambodian border crossings. Thai transit visas are free of charge. Other types of Thai visas are not available. At the Poipet and Koh Kong crossings, Cambodian immigration usually charges 1000-1200 baht for a tourist visa and 1500 baht for a business visa. Unlike the rest of the country, they usually refuse dollars. At current exchange rates, the price in baht is significantly more expensive than the official prices of $20 and $25. Some people have had some success paying the official price in dollars by being politely insistent.

Kenny

Edited by Kenny
Added tags.

Monkey Brains

One 4x6 photo is required.

I know what a "passport" sized photo is. But, is a 4x6 photo the same type of photo as a passport sized photo, just larger? If so, I will make sure I have several of each before going to Cambodia.

Guest Kenny

I know what a "passport" sized photo is. But, is a 4x6 photo the same type of photo as a passport sized photo, just larger? If so, I will make sure I have several of each before going to Cambodia.

You got me there but I carry both just to be sure.

There seems to be a bit of confusion with "passport" photos with regard to size and background colour.

But I must say, I've never noticed anyone run into trouble if they have the wrong one.

You'll be fingerprinted electronically and photographed too, but that's standard all over SEA.

Kenny

Guest Kenny

UPDATE 8th August 2012.

I have been in and out of Thailand,Vietnam and Cambodia quite a few time in the last couple of years and this entry into Cambodia (fromAustralia) was the first time I was not fingerprinted.

I noticed though that the two people in line before me were. Strange.

Note that the business visa is apparently now called the special visa.

A tourist visa is $20.

You just hand over your photo and a crisp new twenty buckaroonies note to the cashier and you're good to go.

A special visa is $25 and is the exact same thing as the old business visa.

There was a sgn on each immigration desk 'NO EVISAS HANDLED HERE' or words to that efect.

Visa obtained on line are not, repeat, NOT honoured.

Visa at the border, at least in Phnom Penh airport is as easy as pie.

There is absolutely no reason why you would need an online visa.

phuketrichard

Kenny, are u saying u filled out no forms??

Otherwise u need fill out two forms, one for visa on arrival, one arrival card.

Just make sure ur off the plane in the front of the line, otherwise........

and bring a photo or pay $1.

You would desire a visa online to avoid paying the 1,000 baht they ask for at Koh Kong and Poi Pet

SnookyGirl

UPDATE 8th August 2012

There was a sgn on each immigration desk 'NO EVISAS HANDLED HERE' or words to that efect.

Visa obtained on line are not, repeat, NOT honoured.

With all due respect then because you seeing some signs then I think you should research it properly before you talk like God...

I had quite a friends coming in on E-Visas lately

Secondly then are several good reasons for getting E-Visa..... 1 would be that you save an entire page in your passport .......another the avoidance of inflated visa charges.....

Edited by SnookyGirl

Parrothead
phuketrichard[/color]' timestamp='1344786475' post='4426']You would desire a visa online to avoid paying the 1,000 baht they ask for at Koh Kong and Poi Pet

When I came across at Koh Kong in May, it was 1,500 THB. I did not try to negotiate.

Guest Kenny

With all due respect then because you seeing some signs then I think you should research it properly before you talk like God...

I had quite a friends coming in on E-Visas lately

Secondly then are several good reasons for getting E-Visa..... 1 would be that you save an entire page in your passport .......another the avoidance of inflated visa charges.....

My apologies Snookygirl,

Fancy me telling everyone that there were signs saying [eVisa not handled here] taped to the immigration desks.

The only evidence for that claim was that there was an A4 sheet of paper on the front of every immigration desk with the words

[EVISA NOT HANDLED HERE] printed on it in big black letters

My apologies for misleading you.

I must have been dreaming.

Speaking of research, are you aware there is at least one sham site selling worthless eVisas?

I stand by what I said, visa at the border is fast and easy.

Hand over your $20 and a photo and you're good to go.

There are no inflated prices at the airport.

When entered by road from Vietnam earlier this year the price was $25, no big deal.

Guest Kenny
phuketrichard[/color]' timestamp='1344786475' post='4426']

Kenny, are u saying u filled out no forms??

Otherwise u need fill out two forms, one for visa on arrival, one arrival card.

Sure there are forms, but I guess I assumed most folk would realize this.

Arrival card and one other, customs declaration if I remember right, were handed out on the aircraft.

The visa on arrival forms were on a bench near the immigration guys.

Guest Kenny

When I came across at Koh Kong in May, it was 1,500 THB. I did not try to negotiate.

Hi Paul, this is from Wikitravel, don't know how up to date it is.

In Poipet, several scams abound. A favourite is the Cambodian custom officers ask tourists to pay 1000 Baht (about US$30) for a visa on arrival, instead of US$20. Stand firm but stay friendly and keep smiling, they rarely insist it. The penalty for having no photo is usually only US$1-2, but the price is also negotiable.