vista

step thru

vista

I was thinking my best bet would be to rent a bike upon arrival and then look for one to buy within a month or 2 once I get a handle on the market.  I might want to also acquire a tuk tuk as well, or in lieu of bike, and wondering if that would be a viable option.

jimmyboy

I love the 150 cc direct drive water cooled tuktuks- even a reverse gear- $2400 or so new with a custom fit out.

dicey eye

What is that, the Rolls Royce of Tuk-tuks?

Parrothead

Might I suggest, if you do so, to go to Mottah Travel, located on Ekareach Street?

I have been with the same business for almost a year, renting from them. When I requested to upgrade to an automatic, he still would not go below $85 USD per month. Mottah's normal rate is $80 USD per month, and if renting long term, would go lower. I will be going with them at the start of next month.

dicey eye

This is rainy season and is deadsville. Optimum time to negotiate.

If they come down, which they will, stipulate a least a 6 month contract at the cheapo rate 

Also Khmers have this superstition: 1st sale in the morning after opening is good luck for the rest of the day if completed. So go early when they open. 

Additionally, don't do business deals on Tuesdays, Khmers say its bad luck and will try to avoid it.Mondays are lucky days.

wdwflash

While researching tuk-tuks, I went on a Chinese companies web site. They have enclosed tuk-tuks and its too bad they don't import those into Cambodia as they would be great for the rainy season.

Guest Kenny

I love the 150 cc direct drive water cooled tuktuks- even a reverse gear- $2400 or so new with a custom fit out.

Where from Jimmy? Any photos?

jimmyboy

DSCN9441.JPG

Guest Kenny

Hey, that's got to cost way more than $2,400 set up like that mate.

Nine years ago I bought a bike in RP  for 105,000 ($2,600)

jimmyboy

that is the right price. they come from china- lots in sihanoukville and increasing in phnom penh.

very nice piece of engineering.

one of the expats in sihanoukville has a stretch one- older fella can be found at Dara Bar on Ocheteaul - he told me he paid $2400 new with all the mods - think pimp my ride.

I have asked a few others and they confirm.

i am lookin for a good excuse to buy one....................................

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.