TorJay

Can't upload pic here in Forum Operations/Issues

TorJay

I am trying to upload a pic here to show a problem I am having with the green Knight Rider lights appearing at the top of my screen along with another issue.

The error message reads: 

Knight Rider.jpg

Upload Skipped (Error IO)

phuketrichard

tyr open a photobucket account and upload from there

Parrothead

I am trying to upload a pic here to show a problem I am having with the green Knight Rider lights appearing at the top of my screen along with another issue.

The error message reads: 

Knight Rider.jpg

Upload Skipped (Error IO)

I will look into this right now.

tyr open a photobucket account and upload from there

Members should be able to attach images, easily, to posts. It is better for the site, in cases where other websites may end up closing, or often, members may move or delete photos some time later, forgetting they posted links to those images elsewhere online.

TorJay

that's just another workaround that i shouldn't have to do, Richard.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Exactly. We should have disabled uploads to threads if we only wanted hot linking from other sites. 

Parrothead

Can you try again, when you read this, Jason? 

You should be able to upload a single file - size set at 5 Megabytes. Or, any combination up to 5 Megabytes. 

TorJay

TorJay

post-1-0-87373600-1374212738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul
sized the file

Parrothead

Okay. Um, what am I missing here? This is what I see in the images you uploaded:

In the first screenshot, you are viewing the list of threads on the "View New Content" search results page.

In the second screenshot, you are previewing a single thread on the "View New Content" search results page.

Guest Kenny

For what it's worth, useing an account like Photo Bucket or Drop Box (that I use) saves a lot of bandwith and storage issues for the server where the forum is located. It doesn't take too many videos and photoes to add those GB.

Linking to a pic on a photo server is no diferent that linking say, to a YouTube video.