phuketrichard

Offensive or just a hot girl?

dicey eye

Political correctness sucks. Check out the controversy the song generated.

Band ripped for song, video titled ‘Asian Girlz’  

Published August 01, 2013

FoxNews.com

No, it’s not a joke.

The band Day Above Ground released a new song and video on July 27 called “Asian Girlz.†The Asian stereotypes in the lyrics and its music video’s imagery are so prevalent the song seems like it must be some kind of spoof gone too far.

But apparently it’s not.

The band is promoting—and even defending—the tune which contains lyrics about “slanty eyes†and “yellow thighs.â€

The lyrics of the song touch on nearly every Asian stereotype out there. The band croons about nail salons, fried rice, spring rolls and “Tofu all over you.â€

Social media quickly erupted with furious listeners reprimanding the band.

“To Day Above Ground, your song "Asian Girlz" song is based on stereotyping Asian females. Racist or not it's terrible #songsucksregardless,†tweeted one.

Another simply stated: â€It hurts how stupid this song is.â€

Their messages prompted the actress who stars in the song’s music video, Levy Tran, to apologize for her role in controversial song.

“I sincerely apologize to all who feels that I set Asian women back 50 yrs. I know I lost respect from a lot of ppl. It wasn't my intention,†Tran wrote on Wednesday.

She later tweeted more about the band. “It was meant to be light hearted and fun. Satirical. They are sweet boys and not at all racist. That is all I will say. I'm sorry once again.â€

As for Day Above Ground, they claim the song isn’t racist. They also say its satire.  

“WE ARE NOT RACIST, HAHA!,†the band told celebrity website dlisted.com. “I mean, look at our band, it’s multicultural!! The guy in the bow-tie, our cutie bass player, was born in Indonesia, and he steals the show!! Please don’t take this tongue-in-cheek tribute to some of the most gorgeous women on the planet too seriously!!â€

According to their website, the band is set to premiere their song and its video for a live audience at the House Of Blues on the Sunset Strip, in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 10. A rep for the House of Blues did not immediately return FOX411’s inquiry as to whether or not the performance or the airing of the video would take place. A Change.org petition has been started to cancel their House of Blues performance. It has 99 signatures.

The petition also includes the song’s lyrics in their entirety.

Reps for the band did not immediately return FOX411’s request for

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/01/asian-girlz-racist-band-ripped-for-music-video/#ixzz2axzB1Sy2

Edited by dicey eye

johnny lightning

There are several offensive things about it. The band sucks as does the music. The video is amateurish and cheesy. And those bloody tattoos! The girl herself is extremely tasty. Hope she shows up again in something better. And last but not least it has an explicit warning but we don't even get to see her tits!

Johhny

dicey eye

Yeah, being a prurient sort, the video didn't even show a fleeting glimpse of nipple. An allegedly sexy video needs to show nipple, preferably erect nipple.

Edited by dicey eye

Parrothead

Her name is Levy Tran. She's Vietnamese by blood. She's an American chick though. Not sure if she was actually born in the US or not. But, she has spent most of her life in the US. 

I got this news article by searching: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/320443/pinoyabroad/news/fil-ams-decry-offensive-music-video-asian-girlz

Personally, I think the band is a group of losers who should find a different line of work more suitable for them - like hauling trash for a living.

I LOVE tats on chicks. She's definitely a hottie. 

levy_tran_01.jpg

levy_tran_02.jpg

levy_tran_03.jpg

levy_tran_04.jpg

Edited by Paul

dicey eye

Insidious marketing - a somewhat uninspired group gets major publicity through their political incorrectness not their musical talent.

A new zeitgeist - fame and fortune based on vulgarity not ability.

Though the China Doll is quite alluring.

johnny lightning

What can I say Paul. We'll have to agree to disagree. Whatever would possess a girl that good looking to feck up herself with all that ink I can't imagine. She probably thought it was a good idea at the time but it won't look so good even to her when she's 50. Not SO disgusting that I'd kick her out of bed for eating crackers though!

Johnny

Guest Kenny

What can I say Paul. We'll have to agree to disagree. Whatever would possess a girl that good looking to feck up herself with all that ink I can't imagine. She probably thought it was a good idea at the time

I'm with you Johnny, tattoos on chicks say to me "I'm a feckwit who can't think ahead but just follow trends".

There's a few things you can't "try"

Pregnancy.

Suicide.

Tattoos.

Are three of those things.

dicey eye

Tattoos on an 80 year old would likely resemble tattoos on a raisin Might make a bizarrely interesting photo though.

• Like 1