Parrothead

Farm Fotos III

Parrothead

Well, I ain't real happy with it. But, for $1,000 USD, I guess I can't complain too much. (The total wasn't only for the toilet it included the front porch area, the roof over the kitchen, the toilet and roof over it, and the septic tank.) Obviously, some of the finishing work is going to have to be done, unless I want her to be eaten by mosquitoes while she showers. For me, I don't care, because the little bugs don't bother me in the slightest. I do notice that some of the larger flying insects do take a likin' to me, though. Not to bite. Just to fly around and irritate me, kinda like an ex-wife on her broom. 

I finally gave it to her asking me to go ahead and pay the guy, just to get rid of him. Next time, I will be happy to pay extra for a contractor who has his own tools, will show up on time, and will get the job done in a proper manner. Someone like that does exist in this town. I have seen some really good work here, on homes and businesses alike. I will just do some more research before continuing this venture. 

Anyway, comments are welcome, positive, negative, or neutral. 

I'm surprised I got inside tiles included in the deal.

IMG_0407.jpg

Vent blocks for the toilet, that are still missing the screens. Just one of - several things to sort out.

IMG_0408.jpg

Plenty of ventilation - and room for large insects in the toilet at night!

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Someone mentioned to me that a 1.5 m x 3.0 meter toilet would not really be large enough.

I find that there is ample space in the room.

IMG_0412.jpg

Honestly, as long as I have these two items, the toilet and my trusty ol' bum gun, I will be fine.

The piped plug on the left will be replaced with a valve to fill the bucket for flushing the toilet. 
I suppose, if I wanted to save even more water, we could flush it with creek or pond water.

(Her idea, naturally. Always thinking about conservation.)

IMG_0413.jpg

A close up of the ol' bum gun. Nothing like goooood water pressure.

IMG_0414.jpg

I purposely made this double ended male adapter, in case I want to put a toilet with a tank there, to replace the existing manual flusher. I would pipe a T in line so I could run the ol' bum gun and the line to the toilet. Thinking ahead. Something that doesn't seem to happen in construction here. :rolleyes:

IMG_0416.jpg

The finished septic system, including a vent tube - that needs to be piped through the roof, yet.

IMG_0417.jpg

Outside view of the vent blocks for the toilet.

IMG_0418.jpg

You see the three "patches"? That's because the contractor didn't have any sort of scaffolding, or even a ladder to finish the upper rows of bricks for the wall. So, beat a hole in the existing BRAND NEW construction, run a tree limb through it, and build your scaffolding that way. Patch it up after  you are finished. :rolleyes:

IMG_0419.jpg

This contractor was a f#ck up from day one. I shouldn't have let it go on this long. But, I couldn't be there every single day he worked. Often, he would show up without telling us anything, to work. He knew it would take us an hour by tuk-tuk to get there, AFTER we had packed and called the driver to fetch us. 

• Like 1

Parrothead

Some of the farm residents with few worries.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      Photos taken 25 / December & 26 / December
      (I corrected the date on the camera, just a few minutes ago. I have no idea how long it has been off by one day.)

Being too excited to get the pump connected in order to test it, I used a temporary connection to see how it performed.

There is something to be said about producing your own power.
      That is, power that is clean, reliable, and doesn't harm the environment.
      That is, power more stable than what the national grid would provide.
      That is, power that isn't a noisy generator running in the back ground.
      That is, if they had mains coming within 5 kilometers of your home.

The septic tank, having been dug too close to the foundation of the extension of the house, is finally being worked on.
      Four of those concrete rings, at a whopping $7.50c US each, will be placed on top of each other in the hole.

When they finish, this hole will have four concrete rings in it, all cemented together.
      The total capacity of all four rings will be 5260 liters (~1,389.50 US gallons).

Yeah, it looks like the city has us in their grasp. But, I ran this in line to keep track of our own water usage.
      I will be adding an electric meter soon, that will track our usage in kilowatt hours as well.

New additions to the family. Six new pups were born not long ago. Five males, one female, in the litter.
      This is the first time I had an opportunity to see the little guys.

One of the two male dogs making sure the other residents don't partake of his lunch.

This wouldn't be complete, without the "in-house mousers" on staff. Both kittens were "inherited.
      The calico female came by herself. The little male, apparently, was abandoned by its mother.

• Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      A couple of shots of the Just Solar, 100 watts Monocrystalline PV Panels.

Deionized water, used to fill the battery cells when they run a bit low in water.

One of the 1,050 Liter storage jars. Soon to be replaced (or at least added on to) with a large poly tank.

The rest of the images in this post are of the foundation construction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.