TorJay

Copy/Paste and Quote Issues

TorJay

So here I am back and I am already having issues.

I just tried copying an article from the PPP and when I clicked paste here nothing appeared.  Both the copy and paste functions are not greyed out when I do this.  Yes, I tried it again in case I clicked the wrong things.

Also, when I click "quote" or "selective quote" when replying to a topic the quoted text does not appear in my reply.

Nope, these issues do not occur in the other LinC site.

Parrothead
So here I am back and I am already having issues.

I just tried copying an article from the PPP and when I clicked paste here nothing appeared.  Both the copy and paste functions are not greyed out when I do this.  Yes, I tried it again in case I clicked the wrong things.

Also, when I click "quote" or "selective quote" when replying to a topic the quoted text does not appear in my reply.

Nope, these issues do not occur in the other LinC site.

Parrothead

I just copied and pasted what you posted, above, and it works for me. Not sure what you mean?

Have you tried another browser to see if the issue duplicates itself? 

Edited by Paul

TorJay

I just quoted your post and as you can see it is not included in this reply.  And, I just tried to copy/paste from your post above and.... nothing.

I don't wanna use another browser.  You use the same software for both LinCs so I don't get why I have these issues here.

The previous problems I had here have been replaced with these new issues.  The previous problems seemed to have been resolved now.  Go figure.

Read2Learn

Some sites no longer allow copy therefore there can be no paste.

Parrothead

Jason, are you on a computer or one of those personal or smart phone devices?

Parrothead

Jason, when you scroll to the bottom of the page and see the reply box there. Are the icons highlighted or greyed out where you cannot click them?

TorJay

Paul, they are nicely black and they put me into a reply box when clicked.  But, no quote appears.

R2L, when copy is not allowed the copy button will be greyed out and not work.  This is not the case here.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Post a link to the same article you tried to copy / paste. Let me see if it works for me.

TorJay

Well Paul, it is a long link and I cannot even copy/paste that here.  LOL

It is from the Phnom Penh Post under National news.  Python Behind Lottery Win.