luigi

Are there any day-traders on this forum? If so are you finding the connection speed adequate to execute in a timely manner. Here in Nicaland AM is good but around 15:30 the pipe gets kinda clogged up. At times execution takes seconds. This is the hotel WIFI I speak of. I have an IRONKEY 256 bit encrypted flash drive that I am unable to use at all due to the slowness.

L

Parrothead

Give me a domain to ping for you, and I will be happy to show you the results from here. 

I don't day trade, or do any trading. You need money to do that with. :D

luigi

shwab.com

That's the platform I use Paul. Or are you referring to the WIFI domain? That is turbonett.com.ni

They show 65MBS to 72MBS

Am I on the same page?

L

Parrothead

From Battambang, using OPENNET internet provider:

Screenshot 2014-06-11 21.18.56.png

luigi

Thanks Paul. So.........is that good, bad or average? I don't even know compared to what.

L

Parrothead

Well, for access to that server - from here anyway, it's pretty fast, yes. 

Just do the same from where you are, in comparison.  

Click your Start Button.

Screenshot (1).png

At the bottom window, type "CMD". Click on the top result.

Screenshot (4).png

In the window that opens - called your Command Prompt,

Screenshot (3).png

... type "ping www.schwab.com". Press .

Screenshot (2).png

You can then compare my result with yours and see if it is same, faster, or slower.

luigi

Significant differences as far as ms's are concerned I think. Min 289ms>max 465ms>avg 374ms.

Thanks for the tutorial.

L

• Like 1

Parrothead

Then, most likely anyway, you should be fine here. I would suggest, depending on where you will live, make sure you get as reliable of a connection as possible. In Battambang, I can certainly vouch for OPENNET. 

John_Galt

Are there any day-traders on this forum?

I meant to comment on this earlier somehow forgot.

I have been trying to learn FOREX for about a year.  Its interesting and boring at the same time. I would love to turn it into a full time thing but I have a lot more to learn.

What do you daytrade?

luigi

I am a stock trader only. Currently dabbling in China ADR's. Unfortunately none are margin-able. Concentrating on alt. energy.

Solar, fuel cell technology, wind pwr., etc.

Are you using a mock up account to test & develop skills or did you dive in?

I am basically a troll/scalper. Buy the dip & sell the rip. I leave emotion in the next room. Hardly ever keep equities longer than a week. Sometimes trade same stock multiple times per day. You need a SEC designated ''Pattern day Trader'' acct. to do that.

I looked at Forex but saw more risk for me the novice. I looked at options but can't seem to wrap my head around it.

I am a long trader only. I do not short. There is no bottom to shorting if you get caught in a squeeze.

A friend asked how much $ can you make day-trading. My reply was/is I don't know but I do know how much you can lose.

ALL OF IT!

L

• Like 1