Parrothead

New Visa Fees Coming

Parrothead

New visa fees for Cambodia, effective October 1st, 2014.

new_cambodia_visa_fees.jpg

:link: 

dicey eye

probably the fee for a one yr will see at least a 100 dollar increase. Inflation hits.

Parrothead

No mention of extension fees, only the initial entry fee.

Parrothead

probably the fee for a one yr will see at least a 100 dollar increase. Inflation hits.

So, has anyone heard of the visa extension costs increasing?

dicey eye

Haven't heard anything more than the 1st arrival fees increase. Though there is a chance of a late surprise hike across the board.

Hear of any incidents of Work Permit inquiries by authorities in BTB?

phuketrichard

new fees dont start till Oct 1st,

For sure they will increase the year fees

before  $25/ 1st month     285/year

so now  $35 so i would expect  $350+

+ $100 for ur WP

Also expect the Old Ordinary visa to be issued to those wanting to remain in Cambodia but dont want to work ( Paul)

Parrothead

Hear of any incidents of Work Permit inquiries by authorities in BTB?

Nope. Only heard the fee is supposed to be $100 / year for the permit, for those working here. 

Parrothead

Also expect the Old Ordinary visa to be issued to those wanting to remain in Cambodia but dont want to work ( Paul)

So, you reckon they will have 3 visas now? Tourist, Ordinary and Business?

phuketrichard

yep;

Parrothead

Well,  we will find out in October, for sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• luvthai2003
      By luvthai2003
      So, if I want to live in Cambodia long term, at least a year or more and don't want to hassle leaving the country for visa renewals, which should I ask for when arriving at the airport and going through customs? I'll be leaving California with just a renewed passport and no visa for Cambodia.
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      This may actually make it a bit more attractive, if it goes through, to visit the ol' country again. 
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      Would it benefit you to change your visa status in country after you are married? Or, would you just simply keep the same visa? 
    • tahoeskiluv
      By tahoeskiluv
      I stumbled on this site and it looks really good. I am looking to relocate in South East Asia. I do not have a lot of money but have about $2,500 per month passive income. I keep coming back to Cambodia as being somehow the most interesting and possibly the easiest to get into. Anyway I will enjoy reading the many posts on this site and may post some questions. I do not require much in the way of creature comforts. I do not drink much or even eat very much. I just need some kind of roof over my head and nice places to take long interesting walks. And I love beachs.

In fact I will post my first question now. I have read you may apply for a business visa upon arrival to Cambodia that is good for a year and that no documentation is required. Is that true? Sorry if this has been answered someplace. Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.