dicey eye

From Number 1 to Also Ran

dicey eye

From Number 1 to Also Ran
The former best pizza joint in Battambang, “BTB PIZZA†has dropped the ball.
Went there October 9th to savor Michael’s previously mighty fine mushroom and ham pizza. Well, it isn’t “mighty fine†anymore. His mushroom & ham selection has devolved into “mighty mediocreâ€.
The base, which was always on the cusp of being too thin has crossed the thinness acceptability line and become something like a flour tortilla. The base was virtually crust-less.
All in all the pizza was a shadow of its former self. Besides being stingy with the dough for the base, the cheese topping was miniscule and also the portion of mushrooms and ham shrunk considerably. The law of diminishing returns in action.
Sure, I realize this “slow season†has been somewhat more lethargic than normal but cutting back on ingredients to save a few pennies is an excellent way to disappoint your loyal customer base.
As of October the new pizza champion in Battambang is “The Kitchenâ€. For a month or so they had a pizza special that was truly special: build your own pizza, unlimited toppings for $7. Great deal, great value, great pizza.
That said, BTB Pizza still is head & shoulders above The Lotus’s "two for one" Tuesday night pizza special.

Edited by Paul
edited text per request.

mollydooker

OUCH !!!!! ....

Parrothead

I like Michael's pizza's okay. No complaints from me, especially concerning his 3-cheese pizza. 

A little odd, though, to me. A Frenchman running a pizza shop. :)

Mikala

Geez and here I thought you folks were all eating Happy Pizzas all the time! Is Sharkeys still in operation in PP?

dicey eye

Don't get to PP much, but the last time I was there which was about 3 months ago Sharky's was still going strong. The freelancers were a little long of tooth, though the Tex Mex food was right on.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Just back from "The Kitchen". I ordered a Pepperoni pizza from them, $7.50. It was fine to me. 

I mean, you aren't going to have the pizzas you will have in our respective countries. But, for SE Asia, I saw no problems with it. Brought four slices home to have a "snack time".

Mikala

Just back from "The Kitchen". I ordered a Pepperoni pizza from them, $7.50. It was fine to me

Geez, a simple pepperoni pizza from Dominos in Korea is about 30 bucks. Taste is mediocre, at best.

dicey eye

Geez, a simple pepperoni pizza from Dominos in Korea is about 30 bucks. Taste is mediocre, at best.

$30, holy cow, was it made of gold?

Parrothead

I think Michael's Pizzas (BTB Pizza) are something like $9.00 USD? I have a frequent buyer card. I get one free one after something like 10 purchases? Not a super fantastic deal. But, a freebie is a freebie. Either way, I am happy eating at BTB or The Kitchen. 

• Like 1

Mikala

$30, holy cow, was it made of gold?

They just keep jacking up the price. Everything in Korea is too expensive except local restaurants that serve low quality, but tasty food.

Another example is a Dell monitor I wanted to buy. In the USA, it was about $800 thru Amazon.com. In Korea, the identical Dell monitor was double the price. It didn't make sense at all.

Edited by Mikala