Parrothead

Tonight on the menu...

Parrothead

... I had a kilo of ribs. Here, they cost $4.50 US. I would have taken out a loan at the local bank to eat 2.5 pounds of ribs in the US. 

I still have yet to find any meal in Cambodia, that costs more than it would in the US, aside from pizza. 

• Like 2

dicey eye

The damn high cost of cheese jacks up the pizza price - dairy produces here cost an arm and a leg.

Ya ever check out the price for fresh cow's milk, that is if ya can find it - and forget about pasteurized fresh cow's milk.

Parrothead

Ya ever check out the price for fresh cow's milk, that is if ya can find it - and forget about pasteurized fresh cow's milk.

What is the milk in bottles that you buy here? I assumed it was milk! (no, not taking the piss outta ya.)

Read2Learn

and I thought for sure you were going to say your favorite chicken. photo-1.jpg?_r=1406671271 sorry I could not resist...

• Like 1

Parrothead

Lots comedians on this forum.

dicey eye

The milk I see around here in bottles is soy milk - not cow's milk - though a colleague at work said he gets imported cow's milk for $4 a bottle.

Parrothead

The milk I see around here in bottles is soy milk - not cow's milk - though a colleague at work said he gets imported cow's milk for $4 a bottle.

The bottle in the ref is "pasturized low fat" milk. It's about $3.50 / 2 liters. Thailand is where it originated. 

dicey eye

Since T've gone native, I never shop in markets that sell cows milk haven't seen it in Phsar Not or Phsar Lieu - haven't been to a market that sells barang food stuffs in months. Just figured anything that isn't available in the two big open air working class Cambodian markets would of necessity be expensive. But, I must say $3.50 for 2 liter bottle isn't a bad price for cows milk. I stand corrected.

Parrothead
But, I must say $3.50 for 2 liter bottle isn't a bad price for cows milk. I stand corrected.

Imported, none the less. I only buy the good stuff. :D :D

I guess it's because they don't have any decent milking cows here. :D

Edited by Paul

Parrothead

haven't been to a market that sells barang food stuffs in months.

I have to admit, the vast majority of my diet is western food. An old miser like yourself would probably stroke out at my monthly food bill. LOL

But, when I moved to the Philippines many years ago, I swore I would never budget my food bill. Everything else? Yes. Food? No way. 

• Like 1