Oz Jon

G'Day Ow'jabe

Oz Jon

Hi,

I'm an 80yo Australian (refusing to age gracefully), living in Oz and interested in SE Asia living possibilities (particularly Thailand, Cambodia and the Phills).

I'm a contributor to LinCebu and keep reading (particularlary from Paul) how good life in Cambodia can be (if you can handle 3rd world living - which I can).

So I'm here to learn more about it.

From time to time I may give members the (questionable) benefit of my wit and humour - (I have a wicked/peculiar sense of humour)  - sample below!

For US readers - sorry about my English grammar and spelling- it's my native language! - Lol!

Cheers, Oz Jon

Edited by Oz Jon

Guest Kenny

G'day Jonno and welcome to the forum.

I'm only 69 next month but still partial to a frolic with a sheila now and again;

With a little help from Big Blue.of course.

Cambodia's a great spot.

Way too many back packers just out of nappies but a good bunch of old but not dead guys too.

Foods good in my opinion, and beer at the bar is usually $US1.00 for a stubby of 5%.

Sometimes draught on special at 50 cents

What part of god's own country to you hail from?

By the way, I see you speak fluent binary. Well done that man.

Parrothead

He didn't say he was from the states, Kenny. He said he was from Oz. :D

Guest Kenny

God's OWN, not God's FORLORN Paul.

Oz Jon

Thank for your welcome Kenny.

I'm from an atheistic corner of Melbourne  - Lol!

Cheers, Oz Jon

mollydooker

Hello Oz Jon ...good to have you posting !! ...I also spent 40 odd years in good old Melbourne before seeing the light ...never looked back and have spent almost the last 20 years living in the Phils ...with 12 months in Cambodia which was great ...life is easy there ...Phils takes a little more diligence !! ....but visit all asap !!

Mikala

Welcome aboard Oz Jon!!!

:welcome2:  

JohnOBohn

Sihanoukville, Cambodia.   Head & shoulders above all the rest.   Lived in the Filipines for years before moving to Sihanoukville.

Parrothead
Sihanoukville, Cambodia.

:P :P :P

If you like all the petty crime, having to cable lock your tires on your motorbike, while INSIDE the establishment it is parked outside of. If you like having whores constantly walk up to you, tapping you on the shoulder, saying, "Massage, sir? Massage?" All the while, you are trying to enjoy a meal or a cold adult beverage. No thanks. I don't have to deal with whores here. I don't have to lock my motorbike with a cable lock everywhere I go. And, I don't have to worry about petty criminals all over town. 

dicey eye

Lived in Sihanoukville over 5 years, not once chained my moto, never lost it. Did chain moto at Waterfall and in PP though.

As for the petty criminals. Never ran into any. Sure read enough on the web, but never had any 1st hand experiences with the drug addict thieves or other unsavory types,

As for the independent operators, once I tell them I'm not looking for their unique service, I found they didn't waste their time hassling me. And I lived on that so-called den of iniquity Victory Hill.

I concur with John, SHV is tops.

Edited by dicey eye