apple

new here-need your suggessions

apple

i am from Pakistan.i am young (if you say 30 is smile.png?v=1.0 ).graduated in medicine,doing post graduation diplomas in chest diseases and hospital management.i am afraid if i come to cambodia and could find a job or run my own clinic.its a gamble because any doc earn twice in pakistan than he/she earns outside but money is not a very big issue though a little big issue.life being an expat is more attractive.i have lived in china for 5 years,visited Europe and saudia .i need guidance according to my situation if someone could here.opening  own business  in cambodia is also in my mind.

Parrothead

Hi, and welcome to the forum. 

I have to say, I have no idea what you could earn in Pakistan as a doctor. However, here in Cambodia, it would definitely have to be something you do from love, from compassion, from what you feel is the right thing to do. Because, I assure you, you would not make much money at it starting out. 

I know of one English doctor who has lived in Phnom Penh for a very long time. I know he charges something like $50 USD, JUST FOR a consultation. Payable in advance. (I guess some people have not paid him in the past.) Anyway, if you are good in your field, and build a reputation over the years, I am pretty sure you could probably do similarly. That is, make more money than average here. 

I have to say, I appreciate it if I can find a doctor that I can trust, to see here in Cambodia. Personally, I trust VERY FEW people in the medical field here. VERY FEW. 

apple

Hi, and welcome to the forum. 

I have to say, I have no idea what you could earn in Pakistan as a doctor. However, here in Cambodia, it would definitely have to be something you do from love, from compassion, from what you feel is the right thing to do. Because, I assure you, you would not make much money at it starting out. 

I know of one English doctor who has lived in Phnom Penh for a very long time. I know he charges something like $50 USD, JUST FOR a consultation. Payable in advance. (I guess some people have not paid him in the past.) Anyway, if you are good in your field, and build a reputation over the years, I am pretty sure you could probably do similarly. That is, make more money than average here. 

I have to say, I appreciate it if I can find a doctor that I can trust, to see here in Cambodia. Personally, I trust VERY FEW people in the medical field here. VERY FEW. 

Dear This is Randy

I am very happy and thankful to you that you replied me in so detail.i am agreed with your opinion.I hope you would spend few minutes to read my thoughts.As a whole ,in the world,people think that doctors live only for earn ,same in Pakistan people think it.No doubt,Earning average is a basic need and every person does it for living.Every person has different parameter for his life style,state of mind ,way of earning and extent of earning.For example if i would explain according to situation of Pakistan ,average income of a doctor here who is indulge in neat and clean private practice,easily earn 2000 to 3000 dollars(currency converted from rupees) and  even  many doctors here who earn this icome on weekly basis and even many earns on daily basis.it depends what sort of mind ,ability,effort,specialty,chances,area,and ideas you have.Suppose i start my practice and do it neat and clean(which i am strict to),i can easily reach to 2000 and/3000 dollars per month income with in a year or two.But near me everything is not money.i basically want an average life with peace of mind and at least extra money for travel or explore rather than to build a property or a banglow.At this time i am doing Govt job,No private practice,have my own vehicle,unmarried,with no major responsibilities other than to pass my post graduate exams.i am very straight and try to be precise in my field of specialty as much as possible.

Reason for Cambodia: i personally dont like to live in Europe,America,Australia,Gulf.I like south east/East/Far east.I searched a lot.i have been lived in china for 5 years ,i graduated from China basically.In different countries there are different issues.While exploring Cambodia/vietnam i found there is a chance.I cam to know tourist are now shifting their mind from Thailand hub towards Cambodia due to many reasons.

All in all,i am confused a lot, if i play this gamble ,what would happen.I still have time to think because i am in process of clearing my exams.And i hope i could get a good guidance from this forum and you people in this period.

I respect your thoughts what you have mentioned.

Regards

phuketrichard
".....i am in process of clearing my exams"....

so u are NOT a DR yet and are studying in China?

Best of luck, but i serously doubt u will make $2-3,000/month as a new dr in Cambodia

apple

so u are NOT a DR yet and are studying in China?

Best of luck, but i serously doubt u will make $2-3,000/month as a new dr in Cambodia

I am a doctor,graduated in 2008, in process of clearing post graduate diplomas exams,training completed years ago.just final vivas remaining of post graduation in chest diseases.Also doing job in a govt sector hospital for the last 4 years

Edited by apple

phuketrichard

ur 30 and graduated in 2008

so u became a dr at 23

ur one smart guy

apple

so u became a dr at 23

ur one smart guy

we here usually complete 10th grade in 16 years of age, 12th in 18th years of age and graduation in 23th years of age.same as everywhere i think.

apple

so u became a dr at 23

ur one smart guy

hahaha also like to mention i still consider my self at least one year behind from the targer where i should have to be. :P

Parrothead

we here usually complete 10th grade in 16 years of age, 12th in 18th years of age and graduation in 23th years of age.same as everywhere i think.

In the Philippines, you graduate high school at 16, (four-year degree) college at 20. In the US, however, you would typically graduate high school at 18, and college at 22. I graduated at 17 and 21 respectively, due to my birth month - June. 

phuketrichard

yes and then there is grad degree 2 years .

4+ years of medical school

and 2 years internship

befroe ur allowed to call urself a DR.

• Like 2