johnny lightning

Metfone sucks

johnny lightning

I was with Beeline until they were apparently bought up by Metfone. I could call Canada and many other countries for 4 cents a minute. Metfone only offers that to a few regional countries. I also tried texting startng with + etc and it wouldn't go through. Mefone office staff said try 001. Never heard of this.

In any case, is anyone using another carrier that offers international call for  similar cost to what I was getting with Beeline, and if so which one?

Thanks in advance. (put this on 440 yesterday and 60 views and no reply. thanks guys)

Johnny

Read2Learn

Parrothead

Johnny, have you considered Skype? Someone on my Cebu Forum suggested some calling deal through Google - Google Voice, I think it is called? 

Just throwing a couple other ideas in the hat, there.

luigi

Metfone is .04 pm to Canada & Useless SA. Smartphone .04 pm., same same. only diff is prefix.

Guest Kenny

Viber on a smart phone or PC works well too.

If I remember right you already have WIFI at your place.

johnny lightning

I am on Skype but with the time difference usually need to make an appointment via email for a time to call. I like just being able to pick up my phone and call when I know they are awake.

Yes I have WIFI so will explore the majic jack and Viber options, but that won't help me if I am in a WIFI dead area.

Luigi, what prefix does Metfone use for international calls? They told me 168. Tried several times and just get network busy. When I went back to the office they said it's only good for Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia!

JohnOBohn

Not long ago I checked with metphone about dialing prefixes.      I ask specifically about calling America and the Philippines.    May aply to calling anywhere.

NO she did not/could not explain the differences in the various numbers.

As follows:    001  -   177  -  1681.

Guest Kenny

Not long ago I checked with metphone about dialing prefixes.      I ask specifically about calling America and the Philippines.    May aply to calling anywhere.

NO she did not/could not explain the differences in the various numbers.

As follows:    001  -   177  -  1681.

I don't know if it might be the same but you probably remember John how Smart and Globe in the Philippines used to offer deals for overseas calls where you had to dial a specific set of digits before the number..

JohnOBohn

I had a PLDT land line in Cebu.   I used that or bought a 100 peso card to use my smart sym cell phone.    Was no big deal to me as I only called every year or 2.

Here in Sihanoukville is just use my cell phone with a metphone sym.    Call so seldom cost is irrelevant to me.   I called America about 2 1/2 years ago and I think per minute was well under $.10 per minute.