Photo
- - - - -

So, we took a "day" trip over to Thailand.

chanthaburi shopping in thailand prum border crossing

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,726 posts
  • 97 topics
  • Local time: 08:03 AM

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

also you will not get ripped off if you use some of the respectable agents who charge a very minimal fee to guarantee your purchases are real.

I used to use the gem quarters in Bangkok. But also visited and bought gems and jewellery in Chanthaburi on many occasions.

Jimmyboy it also helps if you know little of what you are purchasing. I found the best way to buy jewellery from good dealers, was via eBay. Here you had the guarantee, from the seller and eBay itself. Plus on auction sites the costs could be minimal.   

#12 phuketrichard

phuketrichard

Posting Addict

• 1,506 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

I have been recently been informed now that doing a land crossing from Cambodia to Thailand you are only allowed two crossing's on (entry stamp's) per year, holding a Cambodian visa in your passport.
But allowed a third time of 12 hours if you have a flight out of Bangkok.
I have also been informed that since the Thai king died. Thai visas are free (obtained from the Thai embassy) in Phnom Penh. Apparently now available until August. Obtaining a visa you may cross has many times has you wish.

1st; nothing to do with a Cambodian stamp

EVERYONE Is allowed 2 visa exempt land entries/year from Malaysia,Laos,Burma or Cambodia, no more no less and know idea where u heard the 12 hour thing as its BS

There is NO LIMIT on visa exempts flying in but they will ask after a few forsure

FREE 60 days tourist visas till end of August. (nothing to do with thai king, but a loss of tourists and the thais thinking that saving someone $40 will make them visit Thailand  LOL)  but in Cambodia if u use an agent they will charge you (my gf got hit for $20 3 weeks ago)

After a certain number of tourist visas ( seems around 4 or 5 in a row) u will be stopped and questioned and maybe asked to show a ticket out and or 20,000 baht

Edited by phuketrichard, 08 March 2017 - 04:13 PM.

• Mikala and andy like this

#13 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,726 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Thank you Richard! better clarification from someone over on the other side  :)  

#14 Bill H

Bill H

The Boat Guy

• 347 posts
  • 40 topics
  • Local time: 06:03 PM
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

You would be hard pressed to find a place worse than Manila.  Bangkok is not even close in my opinion.

• mollydooker likes this