Parrothead

Moving Again...

Parrothead

Last month, September, I moved to a new place - pretty much on short notice. My former landlord rented his entire compound out to some medical folks here in town. (I didn't have a lease and they signed one with him.) He also went up (significantly) on the rent. So, it was time to move on.

A couple of days ago, Chan found a place that is, while much smaller (and a hell of a lot cheaper than our current dwelling), it is PERFECT for solar. It's an apartment on the second floor (for us yanks), first floor (for everyone else). So, still up one flight of stairs, like our current place. 

When opening the door of the apartment, there is a walk way immediately outside. It has a fence on the other side of the one meter wide walk way. There is also an awning just below the level of our floor, that prevents rain from pounding the ground floor tenants once outside their apartments. This is located on the other side of the fence.

The awning just happens to be at a 12° incline. The apartment building - well, just happens to face almost due south! This is a PERFECT support for a static array. I can simply lay the panels across the top of the awning. Lots of room for panels, as this awning continues along the entire length of the building. They cannot be damaged by anyone walking by, and a beefy welded frame to support the awning. Again, absolutely perfect support for the panels! 

I just happened to be contacted by DHL yesterday. My SunRaiden controller has arrived in country. It is a 500watts controller / pure sine inverter / charger. It will be on a bus, arriving here sometime today! I can't wait! Now, I just have to locate a 12vdc, 200ah deep cycle / solar battery, and all will be good in the universe again. So, things may slowly be coming back together for me, soon. (I have paid a lot out in medical bills, as of late. Still treating the DVT in my left leg, and I suffered a fall down some stairs not long ago.)

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

JohnOBohn

Pray tell us your estimated time for transfer/installation of your internet service.

• Like 1

andy

I hope you get moved into the apartment easily! Not too much work for you. Be careful of the stairs. Take care of yourself and the leg. Hope to see your solar project in new posts. Take care my friend and get well quickly.

• Like 1

jimmyboy

you need to spread out big fella.

forget those stairs.

everyone i know has had a fall on stairs or bathroom floors here.

'sides- you caint grow you no shoats in an apartment.

• Like 1

Parrothead

Pray tell us your estimated time for transfer/installation of your internet service.

I never expected you, of all people, to ask a silly question. :D

Parrothead

I hope you get moved into the apartment easily! Not too much work for you. Be careful of the stairs. Take care of yourself and the leg. Hope to see your solar project in new posts. Take care my friend and get well quickly.

No doubt. Fortunately, I will not do any of the moving of things myself. Someone else will do it all for me. That's one thing I like about living in SE Asia, no lack of labor force. Pay 'em a fair wage and they work quite well for you, too.

• Like 1