Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Local time: 08:10 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

During my initial seeking of bees and bee hives in Cambodia, I was bounced around from one Khmer to another, each offering to set me up with a hive, bees, etc. Not one of them came through. All ended up dead ends. 

In fact, I have only recently met a Khmer who is, like me, just now getting into beekeeping, and seems to be pretty serious about it. 

Fortunately, through him, I also have met a guy who lives in Siem Reap. He is a commercial beekeeper there, and seems to have quite a number of hives he looks after. He seems pretty switched on. 

He sells hives, supers, and bees, from what I have learned already. Not sure what else he sells, but will find out next week, while in Siem Reap. (I should be able to update this thread after then, with information I learn from him directly.)

11741181_1629467237300626_3488608026092131208_o.jpg

My primary reason for this is, I want bees at the farm to pollinate the plants. In fact, upon researching, you may be surprised as to how many different crops there are, that need to be pollinated by bees.

Anyway, I want to have at least one hive in the same area as my aquaponics system. Then, set one hive outside the aquaponics area. The little gals can do the rest.

I'm really pumped and excited about going to Siem Reap next week. I can't wait to see what else I learn. 

• andy likes this

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aquaponics, bees, beekeeping, pollinating aquaponics plants