Photo
- - - - -

Electricity Update: Connected at the farm.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,227 posts
  • 41 topics
  • Local time: 03:54 AM
  • 49 Thanks

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

The electricity supply is now in our house on the bank of the Mekong. The wife's father had just paid us a visit and told me he has had the supply installed at the cost of 200 dollar. Most of the cost was in cable.

#12 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,400 posts
  • 766 topics
  • 323 Thanks
  • LocationIn the mind's eye.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

The electricity supply is now in our house on the bank of the Mekong. The wife's father had just paid us a visit and told me he has had the supply installed at the cost of 200 dollar. Most of the cost was in cable.

How many ampere service?

How much per kWh?

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#13 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,227 posts
  • 41 topics
  • 49 Thanks

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

How many ampere service?

20amp

How much per kWh?

Less than the Thai supply. Laos supply and no power cuts. :)
Unfortunately I am living and supplied by Thai electric! Power cuts and power serge's. Last serge apparently damaged my computer supply. I was told by the computer repair shop never to leave the power cable connected for long periods of time.

#14 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,400 posts
  • 766 topics
  • 323 Thanks
  • LocationIn the mind's eye.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

Less than the Thai supply. Laos supply and no power cuts.

At the farm, 20 ampere service cost me $96.50 USD to be connected, as you can see in the original post here, as well as the original thread, which is also linked in the original post.

400r / kWh up to X number of kWh's used. Then, it goes to 800r / kWh for the balanced of all used kWh's for the billing cycle. I forget what the initial use is, to get the rate of 400r, right off. Every time we get a power cut here, we ring the farm to ask if they have power. Rarely does it go out there, and only once was it out as the same time as it was here. So, not really sure how that works.

Either way, I'm happy with the service we get at the farm. At least two more service drops to come there.

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#15 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,227 posts
  • 41 topics
  • 49 Thanks

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:44 AM

I know what you mean! Over the river here at koh Kong they don't seem to suffer from the dreaded cuts. I am looking for a new place out of town now with at least a garden, at least then I can pursue my hobbies.