Photo
- - - - -

The difference between a man and a boy, is the price of their toys...

aquaponics monitoring ph levels temperature ec total dissolved solids bluelab meters

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,978 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Local time: 11:20 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

Using an API Freshwater Master Test Kit every day to check 5ml samples of water, is good. Great, in fact. It has tests for Ammonia / Ammonium, Nitrites, Nitrates, and pH levels. But, to have to do it repeatedly is getting tiresome. And, I have only been doing it for a bit over a month! 

api_freshwater_master_test_kit.jpg

So, I have been looking for alternatives. I recently found one in the land of sheep lovin' folks - Bluelab Corporation, Tauranga, New Zealand.

The specific unit is called a BlueLab Guardian Monitor. The test probes can be immersed in the solution (Read: fish tank) 24 / 7 / 365, and will monitor the water constantly. It even has alarm limits you can set, which will cause it to notify you if the results fall outside the ranges you set. The really good part is, it only has to be calibrated once per month. (I purchased necessary calibrating (250ml) and storage (100ml) solutions, at an additional cost of $31.87 NZD ($23.00 USD).)

Guardian-Monitor.2.jpg

Guardian-Monitor-Box-Contents.2.jpg

So, I ordered one a short while ago. It should be here within two weeks. Of course, it's a bit more costly than a water test kit ($45.00 USD, locally), too! $381.74 NZD ($274.20 USD) Ouch!

Edited by Paul, 15 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

• mollydooker and Mikala like this

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#2 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Wow! Todays amazing electronics. I wonder if someone would put one in my Christmas stocking.

#3 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,978 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

Wow! Todays amazing electronics. I wonder if someone would put one in my Christmas stocking.

They aren't cheap. But, something tells me this toy is going to be worth every penny I paid for it.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#4 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,978 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

DHL rang from Phnom Penh, today. The new monitor will arrive tomorrow.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#5 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,978 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

DHL rang from Phnom Penh, today. The new monitor will arrive tomorrow.

Took almost 48 hours, from pick up in New Zealand, to arrival at their facility in Phnom Penh. 

screencapture29.jpg

By 2:30pm, they had made arrangements with me to have the package in my hands the following day - yesterday. 

I rang the office yesterday afternoon, asking if they put in the bus, as agreed. They had not. Typical.

Fortunately for me, our landlord was in Phnom Penh and would be heading home soon. We got him hooked up with the DHL office, where he picked up the package for me, and brought it home with him last evening. 

It was in my hands before midnight last night, and installed and running, fairly early this morning.

IMG_2613_r.jpg

IMG_2614_r.jpg

• jimmyboy and Mikala like this

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.