Parrothead

House Plan We Want To Build

Parrothead

All wires and cables for television, internet, etc., will be run inside the cinder block wall cells. Electric power points will be installed like we do in the west, and plentiful, one receptacle every two meters. Kitchen counter will have dual gang receptacles about every 1.5 to 2.0 meters. 

Screenshot 2016-10-03 08.00.19.jpg

Screenshot 2016-10-06 08.32.jpg

Screenshot 2016-10-06 09.03.jpg

Inside the home, the ceiling will be open to the roof. No attic space. Windows in the rear (south facing) will draw in air and much higher windows on the opposite side (north facing) will ventilate the air outside the home. 

Screenshot 2016-10-04 13.50.jpg

Looking west from east view of home.
Screenshot 2016-10-06 08.33.jpg

Looking north from south view of home.

Screenshot 2016-10-06 08.57.jpg

I still have changes to make to the plan. But, I think that is basically what she wants.

Floor plan drawn using Home Designer Architectural 2016 and 2017 (I upgraded shortly after my initial purchase of the software.)

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

sudsy

Damn Paul you never cease to amaze. You must have really found a home to build a house.  Good on you brother.  Thanks for the Schwab tip got my card today.  

• Like 1

Parrothead

Damn Paul you never cease to amaze. You must have really found a home to build a house.  Good on you brother.  Thanks for the Schwab tip got my card today.

Thanks for the compliment. But, there is nothing special about what I want to do here, man. Anyone can buy an architectural program and learn how to use it. (Trust me, I have a LONG way to go to learn this one, still.) I have to admit, I do like drawing floor plans, though, very much.

Also, please don't misunderstand my reasons for building a home here. It isn't because Cambodia is the perfect place to live, because it isn't. It has it's ups and downs, as any country will. I have yet to ever find Utopia. Furthermore, I am not doing this for me.

I look at it like this. If a woman takes care of me and puts up with my craziness as she has, she deserves to be taken care of. I figure it is the least I can do for her. Then, if anything ever happens to me, or happens between us, she will always have a place to live. She already owns the farm land and another house on the property. That, along with getting the farm producing - aquaponics, BSFL, chickens, cows, pigs, etc., etc., etc., will cover most of her needs through her life.

RE: Schwab. You will be a happy camper, especially if you are here in Cambodia using a MayBank ATM. :)

• Like 1

dicey eye

I look at it like this. If a woman takes care of me and puts up with my craziness as she has, she deserves to be taken care of. I figure it is the least I can do for her.

Right on dude, my sentiments exactly!!

Sometimes I don't know how Sopheap puts up with my aberrant behavior - besides my being a first class male chauvinist pig.

• Like 1

Oz Jon

What kind of an American are you?

Metric dimensions????

And where is the gun cupboard?

Trump won't let you past his wall!

Joking aside, it looks like a very sensible, well thought through  design.

Gdonya!

• Like 1

Oz Jon

Your architectural software makes a nice job of it - easy to visualise the final product.

( a better font would be nice though - the "7's" look like "1's" on a small screen - confusing for a while)

• Like 1

Parrothead

What kind of an American are you?

Metric dimensions????

And where is the gun cupboard?

Trump won't let you past his wall!

Joking aside, it looks like a very sensible, well thought through  design.

Gdonya!

I am a smart American. Never include self protection storage areas / vaults safes, in floor plans. :D

Been using metric too long, to go back to standard. :P

• Like 2

Blackeye

One gun storage area? Phffft.

• Like 1

Blackeye

One thing about the floor plan: I generally like to arrange things so there is no (or very restricted) sight lines from the 'public' areas of the house to the bedroom(s). It's not a big deal but will cost a little (but not too much) in terms of space efficiency. 

EDIT: Here is the idea, done in a small 2br floorplan

modesty-1-bedroom-apartments-floor-plan-

Edited by Blackeye

Parrothead

One thing about the floor plan: I generally like to arrange things so there is no (or very restricted) sight lines from the 'public' areas of the house to the bedroom(s). It's not a big deal but will cost a little (but not too much) in terms of space efficiency. 

EDIT: Here is the idea, done in a small 2br floorplan

modesty-1-bedroom-apartments-floor-plan-

You need to save the file and add it to your post. It will not allow me to view the site.