luvthai2003

Returning To Southeast Asia - Cambodia

luvthai2003

I have a CAT scan next week on the 25th. I've got fingers crossed that I'll receive a clean bill of health so I can return to my retirement in a place I love deeply, Southeast Asia. I've been on the mend for over two years after being whacked by an aortic dissection and aneurysm simultaneously. I'm just happy and fortunate to be alive.

Anyway, last time I was retired in the Phils. I was living in Caticlan, Panay - The Gateway To Boracay. I was the caretaker for my friends' new resort. This time it will be Cambodia. Originally, I was planning on living in Sihanoukville, but there's apparently a police crackdown on the happy pizza parlors, etc. Yes, I do. I'm on VA disability for a number of issues, including a lot of pain. It helps tremendously. If PP doesn't work out, I'm heading back to Nepal and some sleepy little town in the Kathmandu Valley. I spent over a decade living in various parts of Asia, including Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. Miss Asia big time. Im sure you guys understand.

• Like 1

Parrothead

If PP doesn't work out

...why not try Battambang?

Welcome back!

Edited by Paul

phuketrichard

with a pension, head to thailand :-)

No retirement visas for Nepal

andy

...why not try Battambang?

Never seen happy pizza in the place?

Blackeye

WTF is a happy pizza?

Tola

Best of luck luvthai2003.Presumably you had a graft to repair the problem? I had a coarcation of the aorta(a narrowing bang next to the heart )and subsequent aneurysm more than fifty years ago,if it's any comfort to you.I had what they term a resection.They did it again eight years later,when i was eighteen,to put a bigger graft in.I was extremely lucky.A few more years earlier and they might not have had the skill to save me.

• Like 2

luvthai2003

In short, three things saved me concerning the aortic dissection and aneurysm. 1. It's descending 2. It's distal 3. It's small, about 42mm. Fortunately, the doctors and nurses worked real hard real fast to get the ballooning of the aorta down. For the past two plus years I have done everything in my power to heal it. I'm firmly convinced the human body/mind have the power to do so. This all r suited from high blood pressure. It got me to quick smoking cigarettes, drop 51 pounds and change my lifestyle around for the better.

• Like 1

luvthai2003

This all started instead of This all r suited. Sorry.

Parrothead

WTF is a happy pizza?

Pizza with mary-wanner sprinkled on top.

Parrothead

A few more years earlier and they might not have had the skill to save me.

In short, three things saved me concerning the aortic dissection and aneurysm. 1. It's descending 2. It's distal 3. It's small, about 42mm. Fortunately, the doctors and nurses worked real hard real fast to get the ballooning of the aorta down. For the past two plus years I have done everything in my power to heal it. I'm firmly convinced the human body/mind have the power to do so. This all r suited from high blood pressure. It got me to quick smoking cigarettes, drop 51 pounds and change my lifestyle around for the better.

Same thing killed my dad in 1987. Thank God you were lucky.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• c813
      By c813
      Hello All,

I am visiting Cambodia soon and am interested in finding out more about Alternative health available in Cambodia for both general interest and for a ongoing health problem.  
      If anyone has some tips of Practitioners/Healers I would be grateful for any information that you could pass on about them.  

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance,

Conor

• TorJay
      By TorJay
      Ads warn of H5N1 risk Tue, 24 September 2013 Amelia Woodside  

and Sen David

Amid concerns the Pchum Ben holiday will lead to a spike in bird flu cases, health officials have begun to roll out a widespread education campaign aimed at stanching the spread of H5N1.

The highly fatal flu has seen 20 cases and 11 deaths this year alone, and typically surges around the Pchum Ben and New Years holidays – when families prepare livestock for meals and offerings.

In a series of radio spots rolled out over the weekend, announcers urge Cambodians to avoid dead or sick poultry and ensure the birds are properly cooked.

“The virus is still spreading in our country and at least 10 people have died from it during this year.… If a resident has a fever above 38C, difficulty breathing and has been in contact with an ill or dead bird, rush children to a nearby hospital or call 115,†the radio recording instructs.

Public health messages will primarily be disseminated over the radio, said Ly Sovann, deputy director of the communicable disease control department.

“We are using radio because we hope that it will educate many [including] those living in distant areas. We have also started an education campaign to raise awareness in several communes and Takeo and Kampot province,†Sovann said.

Source:  http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ads-warn-h5n1-risk

• TorJay
      By TorJay
      Yoga guru says adherents shouldn’t suffer from the bends Fri, 13 September 2013 Miranda Glasser   Yogi David Williams, credited by many for bringing Ashtanga yoga to the west, will come to town in November to run a workshop at Navutu Dreams Resort and Spa.

Williams’ visit to Siem Reap came about in a fortuitous way. While trekking in Machu Picchu he remarked to his fellow hiker that he would love to visit the temples of Angkor one day. His companion happened to be a friend of Siem Reap yoga teacher Jennifer O’Sullivan, who put him in touch with Maddalena Morandi, one of the owners of Navutu and herself a long-time yoga enthusiast.

Williams’ arrival is perfect timing, Morandi says, coinciding as it does with the unveiling of Navutu’s new expanded yoga studio due to open in a few weeks. Private yoga classes are now only available on request and Navutu plans to change this, leaning towards becoming more of a healthy retreat resort.

Read more:  http://www.phnompenhpost.com/siem-reap-insider/yoga-guru-says-adherents-shouldn%E2%80%99t-suffer-bends

• SydneyTravels
      By SydneyTravels
      Hello everyone,

Part of the reason I was so excited about Cambodia is that I have some health issues (not life threatening) that would benefit from sun and a slower pace of life. Well, I had my money saved and was paring down my possessions when I got the news. The aforementioned illness has flared up to the point that the doctor does not know when I will be safe somewhere without Western standard hospitals. Additionally, the treatments I am using are eating into my savings slowly, but surely.

The upside is that I can continue learning about the country and language. And, the doctor said I should be lucky enough to not get permanent scarring. 

Thank you to everyone for being so kind. I hope to continue visiting this site and taking advantage of your experiences.
    • rick2ride
      By rick2ride
      OK, I've cracked, can't take it anymore, need a holiday big time!

Spoke to my partner last night about getting away for a couple of weeks.

It was all Kenny & Paul's fault talking about cheap beers, great food etc

OK, from the information I've received from this site, this is my plan.

One week in PP, probably staying at Tonle Sap??

One week in SV, probably staying at Beach Club

Got some Q's though.

1. When is the low season, best month for a visit, not too hot?

2. Anything I must visit apart from restaurants and bars?

3. Is is easy to get between PP & SV by bus?

Thanks for any assistance
      Richard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.