Parrothead

Here's a little problem I need to sort out...

Parrothead

So, I have been working on a project to get ready. I am basically selling some stuff. Once I get these things sold, we will be moving to the farm - full time. This should move forward around January, 2017.

The problem I have is, how to move my plants. I am wondering if I should transfer the ones I already have growing, into planter pots - dirt / mulch / potting soil, OR, if I should leave them in the styrofoam and just keep them wet when we finally move, until we reach the farm. 

We will have to disassemble the greenhouse. Personally, I would rather leave it here. But, that is definitely a no-no, according the Khmers in my life. It's like I committed a mortal sin to even mention doing that. :D :D

andy

Why the problem Paul? In early post's you had said no problem moving everything to the farm.

I would transport the plants in plant pots of coconut husks. This way they will be kept damp and secure. I have my new plants growing this way in my new establishment. They are only watered every second day due to the media holding the water feed content.

Parrothead

It wasn't really a problem. It was me talkin' shit.

• Like 1

andy

How is the growing now?

andy

planter pots - dirt / mulch / potting soil,

I suppose it depends on what is available in your area. My local garden centre is first class. There is a wide range of growing media. My choice here is coconut husk (I think I had mentioned this some time ago in the aquaponic thread). What is even better with this! Hard planting this way, or using a Dutch bucket system the garden center stocks organic feed pellets. So easy to set up a hydro system at very low cost and very little work involved.

andy

This should move forward around January, 2017.

What date are you moving to the farm?

Parrothead

What date are you moving to the farm?

We have to go to PP, and possibly Pattaya, first.Then, we can start moving.

So, sometime in late January, or early February, is what it is looking like.

Edited by Paul

andy

sometime in late January, or early February, is what it is looking like

Any updates on the BIG move?

• Like 1

Parrothead

Any updates on the BIG move?

Finishing the updates on my Cebu forum this week. Running a bit behind, but what the heck? 

andy

Cambodia has that effect at times. Slow down to the steady pace. No rush there is always tomorrow :)