Parrothead

Gonna be a diggin' soon...

Parrothead

Well, January is almost here again.

It was the 17th of January, 2016, when we filled in the "old" pond and dug the new one. We will be continuing that work this January, or as soon as we can get back to the farm. We have to do what we are going to do while dry season is upon us, so we can beat the rains and have the new house constructed before they arrive again. 

I decided to visit Google to take a look at the map location, rather than taking time to find photos and screenshots of the farm. I see they had updated the satellite image since I had last visited their site.

Here is the previous image (screenshot) I took, when we were filling in and digging the ponds:

post-1-0-19682100-1453481626.jpg

Here is the one I just viewed. Looks like I was off just a bit, regarding the location of the new pond. 

chans_farm.jpg

Here is another early image I got from Google, as well. No worries. I will just have them continue to dig it out, toward the berm to the left of the new pond.

post-1-0-40946300-1453514594.jpg

Here is the link to the previous thread using the earlier images.

Edited by Paul

andy

Has the new pond filled it's self in? I say this because cannot see it on the new photo.

Parrothead

Has the new pond filled it's self in? I say this because cannot see it on the new photo.

The latest image was last March, showing the pond dug, but not filled. It filled itself during rainy season. You should see it here, empty?

chans_farm.jpg

It rained a lot at the farm, as recently as two nights ago. Not good for us as long as the ground stays wet.

andy

But the latter google map shows nothing of that evidence! Technology shows nothing.

Parrothead

But the latter google map shows nothing of that evidence! Technology shows nothing.

I was referring to the map I posted the second time, showing the pond having been dug out, Andy. It does show an empty pond. During rainy season, it fills fast. It only has about a 500,000 liters capacity. In fact, any future ponds are going to be 

Naturally, the chances would be slim for them to have taken another satellite image within the past 48 hours. I was merely making a statement that we are going to be held up on construction, until the land has dried sufficiently enough to put the heavy equipment out there. Last year this time, we had already filled in the old pond. Hopefully, the land will dry soon, though.

Download and install Google Earth. You have more freedom with it than you do Google Maps. Here, you will see it shows the image I posted, as having been taken in March, 2016. If you were to go into the settings of Google Earth, you would see the image was taken on 02 / 03 / 2016.

03_2016_farm.jpg

Edited by Paul

andy

Looks good Paul. Thank you for the information on google earth. Better by far. :)

Parrothead

Looks good Paul. Thank you for the information on google earth. Better by far. :)

Thank yee. I'm wound up and becoming more anxious about the upcoming projects.

Hey, you want to sell your petrol post hole digger?

andy

Unfortunately Paul it's already sold. Could do with another one now myself. There are some good shops in your area selling good machinery :)

Parrothead

Unfortunately Paul it's already sold. Could do with another one now myself. There are some good shops in your area selling good machinery :)

You buy it here? Remember what you gave for it? I'm gonna go lookin' around town for one in the next couple of days. Gonna start restricting the cows a bit at the farm.

• Like 1

andy

No! I bought it up near Laos. But I have looked at them where you are. Price about $160.