My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • Local time: 03:11 AM
  • 320 thanks
  • LocationIn the mind's eye.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Okay. Originally, I figured sometime in January, possibly early February, for the move to the farm. This was all dependent upon a meeting I am scheduled to have, confirmed for late January. We had to sort out where in Thailand or Cambodia, times, dates, etc.

Now that we have successfully synchronized schedules, I can focus on priorities to start our projects at the farm.

1. Transportation - well, some sort of immediate transport to take us back and forth from town to the farm. We don't need a car, because we already have an agreement set with a neighbor, regarding shopping trips into town. I figure we will get a motorbike first, unless I happen on to a too-good-to-pass-up-opportunity, truck deal. (Estimated Time: 1 Day)

2. Drill 4" (10 cm) Well - and buy a water storage tank. While the water into the home will be pressurized, the water to feed all livestock will be gravity fed. I'm not sure what sized tank we will buy at first. Not to mention, we will need water to mix the concrete used in the home and other buildings and foundations. (Estimated Time: 1 Day) 

3. Verify Mains Power Needs - for possible upgrade / add-on service drops. We currently have one drop, rated at 20 amperes. I could go as high as a 63 amperes rated connection. (Estimated Time: 1 Day)

4. Fill Dirt - in over the (old) pond and rear of the future house location. January 17th, 2016, was when we filled in the "old" pond. Over this first year, the dirt has settled about 1 meter. So, we are going to fill that probably 1.0 to 2.0 meters high, again. Just behind where the cattle currently are, we will need to fill in less than a meter high. (Estimated Time: 1 Day)

5. Move Cows - to the filled area over the old pond. Once the fill dirt has been added, we can move the current barn to keep the herd covered. (Estimated Time: 1 Day)

6. House Foundation - can then begin, the most important step to date. Hopefully, this can be started within one week of item #1.  (Estimated Time: 7 Days)

• Read2Learn, Mikala and andy like this

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#2 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • 320 thanks

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

7. Internet Connection Via CPE510s - needs to be sorted. I have figured I will just buy a second connection at the farm, rather than to move this one. That way, we will still have internet here and at the farm, until we move entirely out there. Will take a bit of work yet, to get those synced and operational.  (Estimated Time: 10 Days - including ISP connection installation.)

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#3 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,103 posts
  • 34 topics
  • 46 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Is having a new internet connection a problem with the location of the farm? I have a excellent WiFi service in koh Kong. But lately I have been looking at a new location in the countryside! The hotel I am staying nearby has a good connection.

#4 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,103 posts
  • 34 topics
  • 46 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Location I have viewed about an hour or so from PP. Small plot of land to build a house and set up a good growing system. Lots of good commodities and community in the area. Will think about this seriously over some time while running my other projects.

#5 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • 320 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Is having a new internet connection a problem with the location of the farm? I have a excellent WiFi service in koh Kong. But lately I have been looking at a new location in the countryside! The hotel I am staying nearby has a good connection.

I will have the same internet connection there that I do here, ADSL. The difference is, rather than the connection being at the farm, it will be at another location, 5 kilometers away. I will use CPE510 microwave antennas to transmit / receive the signal between each location, for the last 5 kilometers.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#6 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,103 posts
  • 34 topics
  • 46 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

Interesting concept.

#7 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,103 posts
  • 34 topics
  • 46 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Have you sorted out tasks 1 to 6 to do?

#8 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • 320 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Location I have viewed about an hour or so from PP. Small plot of land to build a house and set up a good growing system. Lots of good commodities and community in the area. Will think about this seriously over some time while running my other projects.

There is no need for us to consider buying more land, when we have plenty to do what we need on, already.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#9 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • 320 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Interesting concept.

Nothing unusual about it. Cell phone towers broadcast similarly every day.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#10 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,256 posts
  • 752 topics
  • 320 thanks

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

Have you sorted out tasks 1 to 6 to do?

Haven't decided on transport yet.

Cows and fill dirt need to be finished byy first week, though.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.