Photo
- - - - -

Attention members in Phnom Phen past and present...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 dicey eye

dicey eye

Posting Addict

• 2,007 posts
  • 166 topics
  • Local time: 04:24 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

$600 per month!!!! Mighty expensive for poor white trash like me - gotta be in some kinda high falutin' rich class to afford digs at that inflated rate.

Teachers I know rent comfortable furnished apartments down the lane from the Garage Bar for $200 per month. Others rent places 3 blocks off Golden Sorya Mall for the same monthly rate.

My 6 bedroom, elegantly furnished 2 story house near the Japanese Bridge cost $230 per month, (though it was haunted).

Most working class stiffs (barangs) in PP pay under $250, BUT it takes time to locate those hidden gems - if ya rush ya pay more for less.

Again my perspective is from the Poor White Trash socio-economic class. Dicey ain't no high falutin' guy which is why $600 is an inconceivable price for me to pay for lodging. 

#12 jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Chaos Remediation Engineer

• 1,715 posts
  • 70 topics
  • Local time: 04:24 AM
  • LocationKien Svay

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

yeah but we were talking about the op not you.

600 is ok for lots of ppl.

but yes, you can get something longer term for around 250

#13 luvthai2003

luvthai2003

Regular Poster

• 167 posts
  • 28 topics
  • Local time: 02:24 PM

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

I was retired in the Phils a decade ago. Manila is an effing filthy nightmare. Many beautiful islands, but stay out of Manila, Cebu City and Davao City. I lived on the northern tip of Panay in a sleepy little town called Caticlan. The so-called Gateway to Boracay. I as the Caretaker for my friends' resort.
  • Paul likes this