Parrothead

Soon: Employment Opportunity - Short Term

Parrothead

Will be lookin' for someone with a strong back and a weak mind. First person that came to mine was John_Galt. :D But, other interested parties may apply. :)

Seriously, as soon as I sort a place to house my new PIRS (Paul's Internet Relay Station), I may be needing some help to line the antennas up. Having someone on either end will be a heck of a lot faster than driving back and forth, 5 kilometers from the farm to the highway. 

I'm waiting for a power supply / charger to arrive now, that will keep the batteries in peak performance for the modem and CPE510, which will be mounted above the house. I'm thinking I will construct a steel box to house and protect the hardware from the elements, and curious minds. 

Edited by Paul

John_Galt

Will climbing be involved ?  

Do these antennas look that much different from the local tv antennas that you need to hide them? 

• Like 1

Parrothead

Will climbing be involved ?

Possibly. Doubtful for you or I, though.

Do these antennas look that much different from the local tv antennas that you need to hide them?

Hide them? No. The one at the highway location will need to be about 27' (~8 meters) high.

TL-CPE510-la.jpg

Edited by Paul

John_Galt

Hide them? No.

I'm thinking I will construct a steel box to house and protect the hardware from the elements, and curious minds. 

Thought that meant you wanted to hide them. 

Interesting project could be interesting if I have the free time to help. 

• Like 1

Parrothead

Interesting project could be interesting if I have the free time to help. 

Most of the work will have already been done here. Main thing we should have to do at the farm, is to line them up so they transmit / receive between each other as well as possible. 

• Like 1