#1 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,390 posts
  • 52 topics
  • Local time: 12:34 AM

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

I took a short trip to Bangkok (Friday to Monday). Passing through the Koh Kong boarder point (Cham Yeam - Hat Lek). No problems on both sides. But now if you hold a Cambodian E-visa in your passport, you can only obtain two Thai monthly entry stamps via land crossings for the duration of your twelve month visa.

When you enter Thailand, walk down the left hand side of the street for around 200 yards, you will find mini buses going to Trat. 120Baht. The mini bus will leave when full. So maybe a little wait.

Then the arrival at Trat bus station, there are large and mini buses leaving to Bangkok (Ekkamai) every hour.

I took the large bus departing 220Baht. 6 hours. Returning the buses run the same every hour. I took the mini bus 5 hours 250Baht.   

• Mikala likes this

#2 phuketrichard

phuketrichard

Posting Addict

• 1,496 posts
  • 97 topics
  • LocationPhuket, Thailand

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

does not matter what visas u hold in ur passport

Ur ONLY allowed 2 VISA EXEMPT stamps  by land /year ( Jan 1- Dec 31) into Thailand
If u have  a tourist visa u can enter by land as often as u like, or fly in and get visa exempt ( until they start to question u)

"The mind and body must be subjected to extreme stimulus, by means of drugs and music. HST"

View my photos

#3 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,550 posts
  • 784 topics
  • LocationIn the mind's eye.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:13 AM

I took the large bus departing 220Baht. 6 hours. Returning the buses run the same every hour. I took the mini bus 5 hours 250Baht.

Private cars still available across the border? I'm not patient enough to wait for a bus to fill.

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#4 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,390 posts
  • 52 topics

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Private cars still available across the border?

You can jump on a bus in Koh Kong to Bangkok! But at a price.

I waited about 10 minuets for the small mini bus to fill. :) 

#5 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,390 posts
  • 52 topics

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Ur ONLY allowed 2 VISA EXEMPT stamps by land /year ( Jan 1- Dec 31) into Thailand

I had been told buy the boarder official's, it was the duration of the start and finish of the Cambodian visa in the passport. If that is the case and you obtained the visa half way in the year, you could visit Thailand four times in one year. But saying this I would believe your experience and knowledge Richard. Even so it gives two monthly visits into Thailand. Not easy to keep up with the way Thailand keeps changing their rules. 

If u have a tourist visa u can enter by land as often as u like, or fly in and get visa exempt ( until they start to question u)

I understand this! The visa has also been free too, during the kings death, I can't remember the date this ends.

#6 phuketrichard

phuketrichard

Posting Addict

• 1,496 posts
  • 97 topics
  • LocationPhuket, Thailand

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

the free visa ended Feb 28th

1 year= Jan 1-Dec 31st , matters not what other visa u  hold   2 land Visa EXEMPT entries ONLY

"The mind and body must be subjected to extreme stimulus, by means of drugs and music. HST"

View my photos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel