My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Local time: 01:11 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

Min wage Cambodia is around $130-150/month 6 days/week 10 hour day

No wonder my workers show up whenever they are called. I'm paying them too much. :D

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#22 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

I'm paying them too much.

At least you are getting the workers. You have been in Cambodia for a good period of time now, to know that the barrang will pay more to have work done.

#23 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

At least you are getting the workers. You have been in Cambodia for a good period of time now, to know that the barrang will pay more to have work done.

In this case, it was I who chose to pay Tha more, not Chan's. She was just going to pay him the going rate. I saw how well he worked. Not a lazy bone in his body. Just show him what you want done, and would jump on it. Since hiring Tha, we have a couple of guys who live near the farm. They too, have proven to be good workers. She started them out at lower wages as well. I increased theirs, too. 

If there is one thing I learned by owning my own company, that is, you pay for loyalty. You pay these guys more than anyone else would, and they will make sure they are where you want them, when you want them. Well, quite a bit more frequently than other Khmer workers would be, anyway. 

I have no real complaints. I certainly don't mind paying a fair day's wage, for a fair day's work.

• luvthai2003 and andy like this

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: online, money