Photo
- - - - -

What is a good rate to rent a hectare of land for, per year?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics
  • Local time: 12:58 AM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

I understand where Bill is coming from. Land mass, size available for rent and for sale. I have seen large masses for sale in Cambodia, granted they would never be in comparison to what would be available in the USA.

So if Bill is making comparisons. Paul be happy with your garden. 

#22 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

So if Bill is making comparisons. Paul be happy with your garden. 

Huh?

I just stated a hectare is 10,000 mwherever it is.

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#23 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

I just stated a hectare is 10,000 m2 wherever it is.

Some people are never happy.

I would be happy with the land you have Paul. There is ampule land mass for your projects. 

#24 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

I have always wondered why there is so much unused vacant land in Cambodia! It has puzzled me for sometime. Is it because the land in some cases is empty after the atrocities of the Pol Pot era. The farmers are just too lazy or don't have the money. Land is owned by the rich in PP and other large city's. Or are the rents out of reach for normal farmers. I had looked at the latter, and in many cases the land is too expensive for my pockets, even if I had rented land at some of the high asking prices I would never be able to plant a crop and make the profit/rent difference.  

#25 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Some people are never happy.

I would be happy with the land you have Paul. There is ampule land mass for your projects. 

I don't need the land, Andy. I rented it to help her sister out. She set the price, I asked here if it were a good deal. Then, I rented it.

Half hectare, honestly, would be fine with me. But, we have more than that. Better than not having enough land, though.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#26 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

I have always wondered why there is so much unused vacant land in Cambodia! It has puzzled me for sometime. Is it because the land in some cases is empty after the atrocities of the Pol Pot era. The farmers are just too lazy or don't have the money. Land is owned by the rich in PP and other large city's. Or are the rents out of reach for normal farmers. I had looked at the latter, and in many cases the land is too expensive for my pockets, even if I had rented land at some of the high asking prices I would never be able to plant a crop and make the profit/rent difference.  

Most farmers in our area planted sesame this season and lost their asses. Not sure about other years.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#27 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,742 posts
  • 97 topics

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

Can be difficult farming anywhere in todays world.

I took a trip out and about today ( the two power cuts in the early morning had p****d me off).

First on the engender now is a trip in the countryside. Yesterday it was the beach! "Yes no electricity, so no fan and Wi-Fi, 

I like to sit with the locals, and share a few beers or whiskeys.  My lady keeps her dog out there. I don't think its fair to keep him at the bar, when he has so much freedom. Cute little fellow, but needs haircut. :)

WP_20170713_14_34_31_Pro.jpg

A young lady I know, just disembarked from her boat. I asked her if she had a good catch? She would have not had a clue what I asked her. But she showed me her the fish of the day. (I think they are Red Snapper! but feel free to correct me). Five hours out to sea on a small Thai made plastic boat. I have seen her with less of a catch in the past. This was a good day for her, five bucks a kilo and she was heading to market.

WP_20170713_14_14_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20170713_14_14_41_Pro.jpg

On riding back from the countryside, approaching the small towns suburbs I caught sight of this little gem.

We have had many posts about this subject. It was enjoyable to see this way of farming on my doorstep. It helped too with the owner talking English. He showed me around the different stagers of plant growth, explaining how his hydro system worked. How much time he had put into the planning, and then building. I was impressed with is dedication and learning of the subject. He as regular customers at this stage. Now he says the daily work is too easy, so now he is extending.

WP_20170714_17_10_50_Pro.jpg  

WP_20170714_17_08_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20170714_17_08_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20170714_17_07_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20170714_17_38_40_Pro.jpg A

Has we left with our fresh greens the heavens opened, forcing us to find shelter for a little time.  At the very least on arrival at the bar, we now had electricity and wifi.      

• Paul likes this

#28 Bill H

Bill H

The Boat Guy

• 350 posts
  • 40 topics
  • Local time: 10:58 AM
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

How you figure that?

A hectare is a hectare, regardless.

Yes  Paul, but my post was supposed to be humor.  Guess I failed.

$100 vs 26,000 for the other place is a whopping good deal.  Now that you have it, what will you do with it?

#29 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

Now that you have it, what will you do with it?

May fence it in and grow something for the cows to eat.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#30 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,977 posts
  • 819 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Yes  Paul, but my post was supposed to be humor.  Guess I failed.

One word - emoticons.

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.