Parrothead

Bit the bullet. Just bought a 10" (254mm) ...

Parrothead

... table saw. So, what were you all thinkin'? Bunch of sickos. 

Anyway, hopefully, it will arrive here within the next two to four weeks. I found one that was junk here, for $400 USD. I wasn't about to buy that. Not to mention, it was much smaller than a 10" table saw.

This one comes complete with some kind of laser to help you line up cuts? Don't know much about wood working tools. But, I'm pretty sure I can figure a table saw out. Anyway, it comes complete with both course (24 teeth) and fine (48 teeth) tooth blades. Just need to get a Dado blade shipped over from somewhere. Shipped from Germany. 

Table_Saw (1).jpg

Table_Saw (2).jpg

Table_Saw (3).jpg

Table_Saw (4).jpg

Table_Saw (5).jpg

Table_Saw (6).jpg

Table_Saw (7).jpg

Table_Saw (8).jpg

Table_Saw (9).jpg

Next, I will have to buy a shop vac to connect to it, so it doesn't blow saw dust and chips all over the place.

• Like 1

andy

Looks a very capable bit of kit. Very nice Paul.  

• Like 1

Parrothead

Looks a very capable bit of kit. Very nice Paul.  

You should have seen the saw they wanted $400 for, at the local tool shop. By far, this is a much better deal.

luvthai2003

Paul,

I'm huge into woodworking. The first thing I noticed with what looks like a very nice table saw is that is doesn't have a 'feed through' for longer boards, sheets of plywood, etc. If you'll just be working with small pieces, no need, but.... If you don't mind me asking, what are the electrical specs on that? Is that a German maker? I'm hoping to do the same thing. Thanks.

• Like 1

Parrothead

doesn't have a 'feed through' for longer boards, sheets of plywood, etc. If you'll just be working with small pieces, no need

I will be, mostly, working with smaller wood. Some will be plywood, with other being planks. Thinking about a welded steel table with rollers. Here are examples of projects I want to build:

A 10-frame hive:

metric_measurements.txt

Parts-std-hive2.jpg

Parts-std-hive3.jpg

Parts-std-hive4 copy.jpg

5-frame nucs:

5framenuc_coates.pdf

5frnuc.pdf

A 2-frame nuc:

2_Frame_Nuc.txt

I still need to buy a plunge router and bits.  Another tool will be a Circular Saw. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Parrothead

what are the electrical specs on that? Is that a German maker?

Translated from German:

Table top saw PTK 2000 B2

Characteristics:
Continuously adjustable cutting height
Laser for cutting line preview
Steplessly tiltable saw blade for precise miter cuts
Stepless adjustable angle stop with practical scale
Parallel stop with fast locking and magnifying glass for precise cutting width adjustment
Anodized aluminum table with integrated guide grooves and a 3-sided work surface
Including 2 high-quality carbide saw blades Ø 254 mm (24 and 48 teeth)
Saw blade protection with hose for external dust extraction
Powder coated steel frame with robust rubber feet

Technical specifications:
Connection: approx. 2000 watts
Miter angle: 0-45 °
Cutting height: 0-73 mm (0-63 mm with 45 ° miter)
Idle speed: 4800 rpm

Dimensions:
Saw table: approx. B 63 x D 44.5 cm
Working area - or 94.5 wide and 95 cm deep with table extensions

syzmic

Now that's kinda scary.  Nothing mentioned in the specs about what voltage this saw runs on?  I'm pretty sure it will need more than a couple of D cells...

• Like 1

Parrothead

Now that's kinda scary.  Nothing mentioned in the specs about what voltage this saw runs on?  I'm pretty sure it will need more than a couple of D cells...

230vac, 50hz. I asked before buying.

• Like 1

Parrothead

I'm hoping to do the same thing.

If you end up here (BTB), you'd be welcome to use it.

andy

I have used plenty table saws in the past, but never owned one. They can be a very precise cutting tool.  

• Like 1