• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Local time: 08:05 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Battambang to get second international border crossing
Tue, 26 September 2017 Khouth Sophak Chakrya

Authorities will open a new international border checkpoint in Battambang’s Sampov Lun district, connecting with Thailand’s Sa Kaeo province, early next month.

Khem Tepmony, director of the Phnom Dey border checkpoint, said yesterday that the local checkpoint is being upgraded to a full international crossing, allowing for more crossborder trade and for tourists to pass through.

“During the announcement of the formal operations, Immigration Police and customs and excise officials will additionally be sent there to inspect and issue visas,” Tepmony said. Currently, foreigners are not allowed to cross through the checkpoint. Battambang has just one international checkpoint, and authorities hope a second will ease travel and increase incomes.

“The regional border checkpoint is small and incomplete. The people and merchants of both countries are not allowed to go in and out or exchange goods. However, once the regional checkpoint is transformed to the international checkpoint, it will increase the flow of commercial activities,” said Nguon Meng Tech, director of the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce.

SOURCE

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#2 andy

andy

Posting Addict

• Forum Sponsor
  • 1,687 posts
  • 90 topics

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Is that good news. Is it any help for westerners living in Battambang.

#3 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:00 AM

Is that good news. Is it any help for westerners living in Battambang.

I figure it will make things easier for those foreigners who are located more Northwest of the city. Pailin is closer for me to go to Thailand, when necessary.

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.