Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Local time: 08:09 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

It reads like a nice piece of kit! ...... Price?

$15 USD, for the antenna and 10 meters of coax, with both N and SMA connectors attached.

I figure that this kit wasn't intended for a point-point link like you want, more like feeding a bunch of remote Wi-Fi hubs - (but Hey! - any solution that works - is a good solution! -- my vintage Engineer's maxim!).

Unlike at 5GHz, at 2GHZ, you would will probably find that find more height is an advantage. Send me a Google Earth photo of the route, plus transmitter antenna location and height & the farm antenna location and I'll re-do an optimum path for you.

I was under a similar impression. Cheap and dirty, to accomplish the task. Like you said, it works. I'm still in Siem Reap, but will get the data when back at my desktop. I know where the broadcast antenna is. Just have to locate it on Google Earth.

I'm somewhat limited on height, unless / until I can secure another longer piece of coax. I figure, with where I want to mount the antenna, I can get away with a bit over 7 meters to the bottom of the pigtail coax on the antenna. That should put the top of the antenna about 8.5 meters off the ground.

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#12 Oz Jon

Oz Jon

ANYONE can do easy things!

• 258 posts
  • 7 topics
  • Local time: 12:09 PM
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

That may well be high enough at the farm, because you said that the other end's antenna is mounted pretty high - the opposite scenario from the previous arrangement.

Unwise to try to guess this stuff - when I get your path profile data I'll work it all out again.

That's an incredibly cheap piece of kit and it works already - can't complain too much about that!

Cheers.

• Paul likes this

#13 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Cheers.

Just returned home, John. I will see if I can get this sorted as soon as possible. I have to by some steel tomorrow and take to the farm. But, will see if I can sort this too, prior to leaving for the farm. 

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#14 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

That may well be high enough at the farm, because you said that the other end's antenna is mounted pretty high - the opposite scenario from the previous arrangement.

Quite true. But, to be honest, I hate not using the microwave antennas (CPE-510s), after my friend sent to them to me. I hope I can get that sorted, if for no other reason than to have two connections at the farm. Redundancy would be a fantastic thing. But, for the short term, Cootel will work for me. 

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#15 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

Cheers.

Running a bit behind, John. Haven't headed back to the farm as yet. I hope to this morning, though. (4:15am, here now.)

--------------

A:
Living In Cebu Forums.