#1 Blackeye

Blackeye

Smile

• 306 posts
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 05:07 PM
  • LocationWorkers Paradise of Kaliforniastanica

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:33 PM

Is it just me, or has the world actually gone insane? (PS - I'll take that melon)

"A Detroit firefighter lost his job before he even started after the gift he provided to his fellow firefighters was considered “racially insensitive.”

What happened?
The firefighter, Robert Pattison, was excited to start his new job. Typically, probationary firefighters at the Detroit fire company provide their new co-workers with a gift; a gesture of goodwill.

In this case, it was a watermelon bearing a pink bow.

Detroit’s WJBK-TV reported that while doughnuts are typical for a station-warming gift, probationary firefighters are permitted to gift anything they choose.

Why did he lose his job over a watermelon?
According to WJBK, some African-American firefighters were offended by Pattison’s choice in gift. Approximately 90 percent of the firefighters in the company are black, WJBK reported."

http://www.theblaze....-of-watermelon/

• Paul likes this

#2 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Local time: 08:07 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

This racial shit is getting out of hand. People are too damned thin skinned today.

Fecking snowflakes.
  • Read2Learn, syzmic and andy like this

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#3 JohnOBohn

JohnOBohn

Regular Poster

• 251 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:07 AM
  • LocationSihanoukville

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

They scream about WHITES being racist.    Are they saying NO BLACKS eat watermenlons now????    How about pancakes.   Remember the Sambo chain of pancake houses???    Another reason I am glad I no longer live in America.

• syzmic likes this

#4 Paul

Paul

My Son, Quinn

• Tech Support
  • 6,899 posts
  • 813 topics
  • Local time: 08:07 AM
  • Locationបាត់ដំបង

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

They scream about WHITES being racist.    Are they saying NO BLACKS eat watermenlons now????    How about pancakes.   Remember the Sambo chain of pancake houses???    Another reason I am glad I no longer live in America.

I'm surprised that Aunt Jemima isn't out of business by now, due to the snowflakes being offended. 

--------------

Q: You want to learn about the Philippines?
A:
Living In Cebu Forums.

#5 JohnOBohn

JohnOBohn

Regular Poster

• 251 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Local time: 09:07 AM
  • LocationSihanoukville

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Apparently you have not seen the latest greatest image of "Aunt Gemima".   Barely resemble a typical black of african heritage.   Much more like  a very dark skinned white woman.    Many thanks to hussein the kenyan and his monkey mate nearly all these logos, product names are now suddenly racist, anti-American, hate symbles, prejuduce against black by the low life white American.

A lot of these products have around for well over one hundred years and were respected ad programs with NO ONE entertaing the sick idea they were demeaning to blacks.

#6 Blackeye

Blackeye

Smile

• 306 posts
  • 11 topics
  • Local time: 05:07 PM
  • LocationWorkers Paradise of Kaliforniastanica

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

I'll still eat that melon .....

• Paul likes this