Parrothead

Since selling my website just over a year ago, I have been running out of things to do with my spare time. One thing I began doing, though, was to start downloading and watching movies. Here are some I have very recently viewed: 

The Frozen Ground (2013)

The Prince (2014)

Ground Control (1988)

Pioneer Woman (1973)

The Siege At Ruby Ridge (1996)

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (2017)

Captain Phillips (2013)

Downsizing (2017)

Murder On The Orient Express (2017)

The Desert Rats (1953)

The Pirates Of Somalia (2017)

Hannie Caulder (1971)

The Accountant (2016) 

The Kid (1921)

River Of No Return (1954)

Stratton (2017)

Young Frankenstein (1974)

I also watch quite a few others, streaming them on: YouTube.com & Xuka.tv

Yeah, I know. I have entirely too much time on my hands. Well, it's better than going out and drinking every day, like I used to do, years gone by.

Anyone else take time to view movies on your computer or entertainment system?

dicey eye

Have downloaded all the Academy Award 2018 nominees for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress and 3 of the nominees for Best Foreign Language film.

Impressed by Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri and the foreign film Faces Places by Agnes Varda

• Like 1

JohnOBohn

I have over 1.2 terrabytes of movies.   A few over 1,000 movies

From very old black & white to a couple 2018 ones

Lots of genres.     All the ice age, tremors, many star trek, about 30 that Clint Eastwood acted in or directed.

More than happy to share them.     Bring a hard drive and copy them.

Parrothead

Not sure what most people think of "The Rock", Dwayne Johnson. I just watched him in the 2004 movie, "Walking Tall". According to Wikipedia, the movie is based - loosely, on Butford T. Pusser's story. In my opinion - QUITE loosely. The only common denominators between the two, was both main characters carried a big stick, and both stood for justice.

Anyway, the movie, while not the best I have seen, had a pretty decent soundtrack. It did have some decent actions scenes in it, though. Lots of filming mistakes in this movie. It was somewhat entertaining to find them.

walking_tall_movie.jpg

Parrothead

Recently, I took a night to view both the original (1965) and the recent (2017) versions of Battle of the Bulge. The latter was also titled "Wunderland".

Battle of the Bulge (1965) - Length 2:49:39

Battle of the Bulge / Wunderland (2017) - Length 1:25:05

Basically, there is NO comparison between these two movies.

The viewers of the original movie appreciated an all-star cast. We are talking Henry Fonda, Dana Andrews, Robert Ryan, Robert Shaw, Charles Bronson, George Montgomery, James McArthur, Telly Savalas, and others.

Viewers of the latter would have only recognized Tom Berenger. The rest of the cast, it seems, either were B-movie stars, or unknowns.

The original movie kept you in your seat - at least until intermission. Then, you would anxiously return to see the outcome of the movie. I could barely stay seated through the entire viewing of Wunderland.

It's a shame that a movie, which was supposed to have portrayed one of the most intense battles of World War II, not to mention one of the most intense battles in American history, would not have been given more heart by the production crew.

In my opinion, definitely watch the 1965 release. Unless you have one and a half hours of your life just to waste, don't even waste your time with the more recent one. 

battle-of-the-bulge-1965.jpg

duiumg7.jpg

Wunderland-2018.jpg

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

Parrothead

I just finished viewing the movie 10x10. Boy, oh boy. If you want a movie that goes in a different direction than you thought it would, this one is it. Definitely worth 1 hour, 28 minutes of your time.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

John_Galt

The Hurricane Heist doesnt even look like a B movie Maybe a C- 

If you like B (or less) movies then check out Tremors 

• Like 1

Parrothead
10 minutes ago, John_Galt said:

The Hurricane Heist doesnt even look like a B movie Maybe a C- 

If you like B (or less) movies then check out Tremors 

Yeah, I figure it will not hold my attention very long. But, I figured I would give it a shot.

I'm an OLD hand, concerning the Tremors franchise. There were four or five of them, last count. 

How old were you in 1990? That was the year my eldest son was born. Anyway, you couldn't have been too old back then. :D

Edited by Parrothead

John_Galt
5 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

Yeah, I figure it will not hold my attention very long. But, I figured I would give it a shot.

I'm an OLD hand, concerning the Tremors franchise. There were four or five of them, last count. 

How old were you in 1990? That was the year my eldest son was born. Anyway, you couldn't have been too old back then. :D

There is 5 Tremors movies. In 1990 not even in school yet lol. You know any other good B movies? I am downloading The Hurricane Heist. 

• Funny 1