Guest Kenny

Refresh Yourself with Drinking Water

Guest Kenny

From Phnom Penh Post

Wednesday 20th June 2012

By Cheng Bunlong

Fresh, clean water is vital to health. People need to replenish fluids and nutrients as a result of dehydration. Water also protects organs and detoxifies the body.

Fortunately in Cambodia, we can drink clean water without prior boiling or decanting.

“It is true that our water is clean. We can drink it any time because it has already been purified by the water treatment plant,” affirmed Khut Vuthiarith, deputy general director of Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority.

Read More Here

TorJay

I always thought that one should avoid tap water at all costs in the developing areas of SEA. This is good to know but, I think I would still stick to bottled water.

• Like 1

Guest Kenny

I was told in Phnom Penh that the tap water was OK.

Local expats said the drink it.

I brushed my teeth in it but didn't drink it.

On holiday I'd say drink bottled water.

Live there, get used to the tap water.

The local beer is quite safe too.

Parrothead

There is a really great guy who owns Thida's Inn, along with his wife / girlfriend (?), here in Sihanoukville. His name is Mark. Anyway, he and I were discussing the nutrients in bottled water here. He said that, quite often, they do not add nutrients and minerals back into the water when they bottle it. Anyway, he recommended something called Royal D mix. They are packets of powered mix that contain vitamins and minerals, to add to bottled water. It's an orange flavor, and quite tasty. Although the water that is in bottles does not taste bad at all, it is a pleasant change. So, I think this would be a good way to keep hydrated as well.

Edited by Paul
added link to Royal D site.

Guest Kenny

I drink a lot of tap water here in Oz.

I put in one litre bottles and bung it in the refrigerator.

Sometime I drop a couple of Beroca B tabs in just for a change.

staffylad

I always thought that one should avoid tap water at all costs in the developing areas of SEA. This is good to know but, I think I would still stick to bottled water.

true m8 i drink bottled water all the time even in the uk the water here has to much metal in it for me

WillBarra

The simple answer is, drink more beer.

At 50c a mug, drink even more.

Bill

Mindless

Alcohol dehydrates you how much alcohol do you have to drink to be hydrated?

Guest Kenny

Alcohol dehydrates you how much alcohol do you have to drink to be hydrated?

One hears that often but I've always been a big drinker and have never suffered dehydration.

Maybe beer replaces more water than it causes you to lose.

After all, its 95% water and only 5% alcohol.

9 x 330ml beers = 3 litres so 950ml of water and 50ml of alcohol.

Mindless

This guy doesn't agree with you I know if I drink a lot at night I wake up feeling dry and thirsty. I never used to drink water I'm trying to drink more if they told me drinking water attracts women I might drink more of it.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/02/28/3441707.htm