Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Board Information
    • Forum Announcements
    • Forum Operations / Issues
    • Guest Posts Here
    • Welcome Wagon
  • General Information
    • Cambodia
    • Cost of Living in Cambodia
    • Health & Medical
    • News Room
    • Owned / Rented Property
    • Reviews / Trip Reports
    • Visas & Passports
    • Working in Cambodia
  • Living Green In Cambodia
    • Aquaponics
    • Farming & Gardening
    • Mains, Solar, Wind & Hydroelectric Power
    • Off-Grid Living Projects
    • Resources
    • Self-Sustainable Resources
  • Cambodian Business & For Sale
    • Business Owner's Forum
    • The Flea Market
  • Computers, Electronics, Technology & Science
    • Cell Phones, Computers & Home Electronics
    • Science & Technology
  • Off Topic, Etc.
    • Goodbye, Farewell & Adios
    • Hobbies & Interests: Inside Or Outside Activities
    • Off Topic
    • Other Countries
    • The Funny Farm
    • Videos & Photos To Share
  • Testing
    • Testing Forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 14 results

  1. luvthai2003

    Which Visa Do I Need?

    So, if I want to live in Cambodia long term, at least a year or more and don't want to hassle leaving the country for visa renewals, which should I ask for when arriving at the airport and going through customs? I'll be leaving California with just a renewed passport and no visa for Cambodia.
  2. Marko

    Tourist Visa

    Somewhat confused about tourist visa. If I get this straight you get a 30 day visa at the PP airport, then you can extend for another 30 days. After that?? Do I have to work to get a work visa? Or just say I will work and ask for it?
  3. Visas are available at overseas Cambodian embassies, on arrival at all international airports and most international border crossing checkpoints, and through the new online E-Visa procedure. A passport with at least four month validity is required. A visa is required for most nationalities. (Philippine and Malaysian nationals do not require tourist visas for a stay up to 21 and 30 days respectively. Singaporean nationality is also exempt from the usual visa requirement.) No special permits are required. One-month tourist visa (Type ‘T’): US$20. Business visa (Type ‘E’): US$25. Diplomatic, Official, Courtesy, and Special (Cambodian) visas are issued free of charge. Visa prices are often higher at Thai overland crossings. One 4x6 photo is required. Tourist visas can be extended for one month, but only one time. Business visas can be renewed indefinitely. Renew visas through a travel agent or the ... ‘Department for Foreigners’ Confederation de Russie (‘Airport Road’) located opposite Phnom Penh International Airport. Tel: 012-581558. Fax: 023-890380. E-mail: visa_info@online.com.kh. Renew Diplomatic, Courtesy and Official visas at the Consular section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. E-Visa:..The Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs now offers 'e-visa' - visas available on line through the Ministry's website. Scan of passport and passport size photo required. Payment by credit card. US$25 for a 30 day visa (three month validity.) Processing time: 3 days. Issued by email and print from from your computer. The Ministry recently announced that e-visa entry points now include Siem Reap International Airport, Phnom Penh International Airport, the Bavet/Moc Bai border crossing, the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing and the Koh Kong/Had Lek border crossing. See the Ministry website at: Visas at Overland Border Crossings Border crossing with Laos: Border policies are not stable. Travelers report that Cambodian visas are available at the border but Laotian visas are not available at the border. Border crossings with Vietnam: Cambodian visas are available at the Moc Bai/Bavet and 'Chau Doc' border crossings. Vietnamese visas are not available at any overland border crossing. Border crossings with Thailand: Cambodian visas and 30-day Thai transit visas are available at all Thai/Cambodian border crossings. Thai transit visas are free of charge. Other types of Thai visas are not available. At the Poipet and Koh Kong crossings, Cambodian immigration usually charges 1000-1200 baht for a tourist visa and 1500 baht for a business visa. Unlike the rest of the country, they usually refuse dollars. At current exchange rates, the price in baht is significantly more expensive than the official prices of $20 and $25. Some people have had some success paying the official price in dollars by being politely insistent. Kenny
  4. This may actually make it a bit more attractive, if it goes through, to visit the ol' country again.
  5. Parrothead

    Red tape up ahead for expatriates

    There is a paragraph a bit further down that reads:
  6. You can renew your visa at the police station, here in Battambang. Make sure you take one passport sized photo along with you. Here are the maps to the location:
  7. Parrothead

    Visa changes if you marry?

    Would it benefit you to change your visa status in country after you are married? Or, would you just simply keep the same visa?
  8. Phillipl

    My New Cambodian Life !

    Hello everyone! My names Phillip, nice to meet you all! Me and my girfriend (we are both in our early 20's) are moving out to Cambodia in mid September this year, and plan to stay in Phnom Penh for a minimum of 10 months (she will be studying at the University there, and i, working.) So, i was looking to make a few contacts on here! Ive never lived abroad, so understandably im slightly nervous, although i have travelled a lot before out of Europe. Does anyone have any 'must have' advice for us? Its 4 months before we go, and ive read a lot on this forum (you all seem very helpfull and nice) so i understand (i think) some things. Could anyone advise on; Extending business visa to a legal work visa (i believe i do this once in the country, after having taken the busniess visa at the airport for 25 dollars) Flights? (We plan this week to take a single ticket with Malaysia airlines for around £350, open returns all seem unreasonably priced?) Safety there? (Im assuming its the same as every single place in the entire world in that there are nice areas and bad ones...avoid the bad once...what else can you say...) Appartments? (Maybe someone has one for rent, or knows a decent company? Do foreigners need any specific papers to rent, or just a downpayment?) Where to live? (I was thinking around the (slightly more quiet?) Russian market area) Friends? Haha! I won't have any there :'(...so lastly, but not least, who's living in Phnom Penh? Lets have a little hangout! Im not toooooo mental...promise...
  9. There are quite a few places to get visa extensions but if you're staying near Serendipity Beach you could do worse than ANA Travel opposite Monkey Republic on Serendipity Beach Road. Quite good English comprehension and very businesslike. Same price as elsewhere so I guess you make your choice according to your location.
  10. Guest

    Thailand, Cambodia joint Visa

    Thailand, Cambodia ready to launch joint visa scheme From Bangkok Post Saturday 10th November 2012 By staff Thailand and Cambodia are ready to implement a single visa agreement, which would enable tourists to use only one visa for both countries from Nov 21, an immigration bureau chief says. The project comes under the Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (Acmecs). Acmecs, which was initiated by Thailand and set up in 2003, is a joint development scheme involving Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam. Foreign ministers of the five countries have discussed single visas several times, but Thailand and Cambodia were the first to sign an agreement five years ago and have been the first to decide to implement the scheme. Read More Here
  11. I stumbled on this site and it looks really good. I am looking to relocate in South East Asia. I do not have a lot of money but have about $2,500 per month passive income. I keep coming back to Cambodia as being somehow the most interesting and possibly the easiest to get into. Anyway I will enjoy reading the many posts on this site and may post some questions. I do not require much in the way of creature comforts. I do not drink much or even eat very much. I just need some kind of roof over my head and nice places to take long interesting walks. And I love beachs. In fact I will post my first question now. I have read you may apply for a business visa upon arrival to Cambodia that is good for a year and that no documentation is required. Is that true? Sorry if this has been answered someplace. Thanks
  12. Guest

    The Cambodian eVisa

    You can get a tourist or business 'visa at the border' at most of Cambodia's land entry points and at the international airports, but if you only need a tourist visa and you'd like to get things moving before you arrive take a look at this. Cambodia eVisa
  13. Having lived here for a while, I have learned about the costs and having your visa extended or renewed, as you need to. First, if you wish to come here for more than two months at a time, DEFINITELY go with a business visa. That will allow you an indefinite stay in country. Another plus to this is, you can renew your business visa without having to leave Cambodia, indefinitely. And, a business visa gives you the privilege of being able to work in country. Typical pricing around town (Sihanoukville) is as follows: 1 month - $50 - single entry 3 month - $80 - single entry 6 month - $160 - unlimited multiple entry 12 month - $290 - unlimited multiple entry If you have a one month or three month visa, and decide to leave the country before thee visa expires, you will have to buy a new visa upon arrival. If you have a six month or twelve month business visa, you may come and go in / out of the country as you wish. HTH
  14. Parrothead

    Business Visa Extension?

    Anyone recommend a place to go to do my visa extension? How much may it be for 6 months and 1 year extensions? I need to sort it before the 22nd or so.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.