tahoeskiluv

I stumbled on this site and it looks really good. I am looking to relocate in South East Asia. I do not have a lot of money but have about $2,500 per month passive income. I keep coming back to Cambodia as being somehow the most interesting and possibly the easiest to get into. Anyway I will enjoy reading the many posts on this site and may post some questions. I do not require much in the way of creature comforts. I do not drink much or even eat very much. I just need some kind of roof over my head and nice places to take long interesting walks. And I love beachs.

In fact I will post my first question now. I have read you may apply for a business visa upon arrival to Cambodia that is good for a year and that no documentation is required. Is that true? Sorry if this has been answered someplace. Thanks

Parrothead
tahoeskiluv[/color]' timestamp='1348538574' post='5355']I have read you may apply for a business visa upon arrival to Cambodia that is good for a year and that no documentation is required. Is that true?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Upon entry, you can secure a Business Visa, now called the Standard Visa, if I am correct here. You will pay $25 USD for it, upon arrival. That will give you your first 30 days stray in country. Prior to your visa expiring, go to any travel agent and pay them about $290 USD for a one year visa.

Also, scroll down to the bottom of this thread for links to other related topics on this site.

tahoeskiluv

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Upon entry, you can secure a Business Visa, now called the Standard Visa, if I am correct here. You will pay $25 USD for it, upon arrival. That will give you your first 30 days stray in country. Prior to your visa expiring, go to any travel agent and pay them about $290 USD for a one year visa.

Also, scroll down to the bottom of this thread for links to other related topics on this site.

Thank you for this valuable answer to my question. I have a followup question. I have an eleven year old son who I am home schooling and will be learning about Cambodia. He will be traveling and living with me of course. Is he included under my visa or would he have to have his own visa and would we have to pay and additional $290 for a one year stay?

Also should I have certified copies of my custody papers?

Thanking you in advance for this information.

Parrothead
Thank you for this valuable answer to my question. I have a followup question. I have an eleven year old son who I am home schooling and will be learning about Cambodia. He will be traveling and living with me of course. Is he included under my visa or would he have to have his own visa and would we have to pay and additional $290 for a one year stay?

Also should I have certified copies of my custody papers?

Thanking you in advance for this information.

First, it is always a good idea to have copies of important papers. That is, birth certificates (in case of lost passports), divorce papers (never know when you will get drunk and end up married), and most certainly, custody papers.

I know that children can be under your visa up to a certain age. What that age is, specifically, I have no idea. I will try to find out for you, today or tomorrow, though.

tahoeskiluv

First, it is always a good idea to have copies of important papers. That is, birth certificates (in case of lost passports), divorce papers (never know when you will get drunk and end up married), and most certainly, custody papers.

I know that children can be under your visa up to a certain age. What that age is, specifically, I have no idea. I will try to find out for you, today or tomorrow, though.

Thanks Paul. I really appreciate this help. I got drunk one time and ended up married and

subsequently decided to abstain from alcohol!

Edited by tahoeskiluv
  • Like 1

Parrothead

Sounds like a viable reason to me!

WillBarra

I reckon the visa situation in Cambodia is a true winner.

Bill