Robbie

Welcome To Living In Cambodia Forums: SnookyGirl

Parrothead

Kampot or Kep maybe?...

Sorry. Neither rings a bell. It's been too long since I have seen him. He knows I am going there this year. He, however, does not know I will be there fairly soon. :).

cannabistourist

Hello, is the beach club a good choice in Sianoukville ? How long to walk to the beach ? Thanks.

JohnOBohn

the Beach Club is very nice IF it is in your budget.      Good food, very pleasant staff, great pool and about 5 - 8 minute walk from Ocheateal beach.

phuketrichard

Aqua resort is a nice choice as well, one block behind,

same room, smaller pool, less families

think if u say u post on k440 u can get the room for $25/night  :-)

Parrothead

Hello, is the beach club a good choice in Sianoukville ? How long to walk to the beach ? Thanks.

Probably not so much, since Luna parted ways with the company. I just don't think the other partners will run it like she did.

Guest Kenny

I stayed a month or so in The Terrace and was more than comfortable for less than $10 a day (in2012)

johnny lightning

Good to see you are still alive and kicking Kenny. The Terrace is now in new hands, sold as of a month ago. I do not believe they are going to do rooms, more a base for an island operation. Truth be told that seems to be the future here, islands and hordes of Chinese gamblers. RIP the old Snooky. Not sure many of us will like the new one!

Johnny

Parrothead

Good to see you are still alive and kicking Kenny. The Terrace is now in new hands, sold as of a month ago. I do not believe they are going to do rooms, more a base for an island operation. Truth be told that seems to be the future here, islands and hordes of Chinese gamblers. RIP the old Snooky. Not sure many of us will like the new one!

Johnny

Are you going to open a new business there? 

And, do you want your signature line removed?

johnny lightning

A new business? Not on your life! One of the reasons we got out is because there are too many new places and not enough customers. Having a business here is one long headache. I'm going to do some much awaited travelling and use this as a base for the foreseeable future.

Johnny

• Like 1

andy

The Chinese are the big investors in SE Asia, have been for a long time. Many will get around problems and laws, where westerners will struggle.

I also learnt many years ago westerners deal mostly with westerners. Concentrating on small markets. Primarily a hobby! There are exceptions. But a good rule to follow "if the Thais can't do it! They won't let you do it". I wonder how long it will take to come into play here?