Parrothead

I plan on arriving from the states with my new passport this autumn on a one way plane ticket. Get a visa and extend it to a year. Find myself a year round residence in snooky and travel a few months of the year. So it looks like a business visa it is?

On arrival, pay $25 USD for the business / ordinary visa. This will give you 30 days in country. Once you are where you will be for a little while - at least four or five days, apply for your six month or one-year visa extension.

vista

Loud and clear...and simple enough for me to understand...thanks paul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you would like to join to begin posting and become an active member, feel free to click on THIS LINK, to register. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Forum Operations / Issues forum. If you register, but then are unable to log in, please feel free to post concerns in the Having Problems Logging In? forum. We will address any and all questions, comments, or concerns, as quickly as possible. Welcome to the Living In Cambodia Forums! 

Welcome to the forum!

• Similar Content

• luvthai2003
      By luvthai2003
      So, if I want to live in Cambodia long term, at least a year or more and don't want to hassle leaving the country for visa renewals, which should I ask for when arriving at the airport and going through customs? I'll be leaving California with just a renewed passport and no visa for Cambodia.
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      This may actually make it a bit more attractive, if it goes through, to visit the ol' country again. 
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      Well, I picked up my one-year temporary (limited-validity) passport from the US Embassy in Phnom Penh. Sure doesn't look like much, especially in comparison with my "old school" 10-years (full-validity) passport with its additional pages.

The new passport has the ID page, a signature page, a personal data page, etc. Then, it has five (5) visa pages, and one endorsement page. That's it. It's as thin Dicey's (Andrew) hair.

NOTE: A temporary (limited-validity) passport cannot be extended or have pages added to it.

Anyway, as I stated, it's valid for one-year from the date of issue. So, I don't expect (and you shouldn't either) for Cambodian Immigration to offer anything more than (possibly) a six-month multiple entry visa. I am going to probably just get a three-month visa and plan on staying in country until I get my ten-years passport in hand. (Most countries require at least six months validity left on your passport, prior to issuing a visa.)

Now, for those concerned who may be involved in this mess of waiting for their passports to be printed and sent back to the nearest embassy abroad. If you have not contacted your local US Embassy, and if it has been more than ten business days since you applied and paid for your new passport, I strongly suggest for you to ring up the US Embassy nearest you. Let them know when your current passport expires, and when your current visa will expire.

If you and the representative determine that you need a limited-validity passport, they will just have you come into the embassy and have it sorted for you. No need to make a reservation. The staff will sort that for you as well. Just go in when they tell you to be there. They had me in and out in less than 20 minutes, yesterday. This included the time in the guard shack. 

Also, they will give you a two page letter, explaining your temporary passport and informing you of any / all requirements necessary to file for your full ten-years passport, prior to the temporary passport expiring. Here are the four basic requirements that will have to be met by every American Citizen, when filing for their full-validity document. 
      A completed form DS-5504 - 212249.pdf One passport sized photo graph - see form DS-5504 for specifics regarding submitting an appropriate image. Your temporary (limited-validity) passport. (Prior to it expiring.) The letter explaining all of this.  NOTE: If you wait until your temporary (limited-validity) passport has expired, prior to filing again for your ten-years passport, you will be required to pay the full cost of the new passport at that time. So, DO NOT let your temporary passport expire, prior to filing for your full ten-years passport.

There are other requirements that may be ticked in that letter. If they are, make sure you read and comply with those requirements. 
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      There is a paragraph a bit further down that reads:
    • Parrothead
      By Parrothead
      New visa fees for Cambodia, effective October 1st, 2014.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines. Here is our Privacy Policy.