vista

After years of relying on cyber cafes and trading books I'm taking the plunge and buying a laptop, kindle, camera and possibly more stuff.  But no more than would be manageable should I decide to stay on the road if Snooky should not hold up to my expectations that were last happily witnessed a half dozen years ago.

I've been living the past year in the states with my squeeze and gotten hooked on netflix which she supplies via her wii. 

So my questions are:

What is the easiest and/or best way to access netflix in Cambodia?

Can I hook up my laptop to a telly?

wdwflash

I tried to get Netflix in Cambodia and was told that they don't serve Cambodia, but another person said there is a way around that. (I can't remember what it was.)I hook my computer up to my flat screen TV all the time.

I went to TVOne here in Snookyville and love it. High def movie channels, 63 channels with 20 in English, they do not go off when the power goes off. Their office is next to Fisherman's Den on the main street of Sihanoukville. About $65. for the box/remote, install and a months TV with two months free added, then $10 a month. You can buy (cheap) bigger antennas from them if you live a little away from town. Highly recommended service.

dicey eye

I merely download all the latest movies from the internet and view them at my leisure.

Streaming with viooz.com works super fast too.

• Like 1

Guest Kenny

I think a VPN should do the trick.

I tried to setup Netflix in Australia and was told "We do not supply ......."

Bought a VPN for a few bucks a month with a USA I.P. address and started viewing Netflix (among many other things) no problem.

worldadventurephoto

Yeah, I used Strong VPN while in mainland China and it worked pretty well for me, aside from the great firewall of China's attempts to mingle with tunneling protocols from time to time, so sometimes I'd have to restart the network or change tunneling protocols (PPTP/L2TP/SSTP) but that wasn't hard as I had all of them set up on my machine so when interference came I could easily switch.  I don't think the Khmer gov cares much about what residents do online, so I don't imagine you'd have any issues other than a poor quality internet connection but that'd affect you regardless of whether you were using a VPN or not.