phuketrichard

Yahoo to Users: Let Us Read Your Emails or — Goodbye!

phuketrichard

If you have a yahoo account i will not ever be writing you. Read the bold below

As of June 1, all Yahoo email users are required to upgrade to the company’s newest platform, which allows Yahoo to scan and analyze every email they write or receive. According to Yahoo’s help page, all users who make the transition agree to let the company perform “content scanning and analyzing of your communications content†to target ads, offer products, and perform “abuse protection.â€

The new tracking policy affects more than just Yahoo account holders. Everyone who corresponds with a Yahoo email account holder will also have their own message content scanned, analyzed, and stored by Yahoo, even if they themselves have not agreed to Yahoo’s new terms of service.

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/06/03/yahoo-to-users-let-us-read-your-emails-or-goodbye/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pakalert+%28Pak+Alert+Press%29

dicey eye

Nosy sons of bitches aren't they? Privacy is hard to come by nowadays.

Guest Kenny

Even though the majority of us use the 'big guys' Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, there are plenty of smaller email suppliers.

Maybe you should be looking to claim an address with them ASAP.

Here's two to get you started

me@mail.com

me@fastmail.com

Personally, I think it's time we dumped all the 'big guys' before they're too big to dump like Yahoo, Hotmail, Skype etc.

dicey eye

I'm seriously considering bidding a not-so fond farewell to Yahoo. And I've got 5 accounts with those snoopy jerks.

jimmyboy

google, facebook,mail providers and others all share your info with the FBI.

A recent appeal against this was ruled in favor of the gov in USA appeals court no warrant or probable cause required:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334324/Google-MUST-hand-sensitive-details-thousands-users-FBI--warrant.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

this applies to ALL providers.

I imagine this is how they identified tea party members who got "extra attention" from the IRS

Edited by jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Remember "they" hate us for our freedoms!

Parrothead

I haven't used my yahoo email account in years. Well, I still get email into it, but don't send any from it, ever.