Guest Kenny

Securing the Perimeter.

phuketrichard

awwwwwwwwwwwww

thailandphil

Security---That’s something I do know a little about in SE Asia. Wife and I built small house on her land down south in the middle of rice fields and her family. They would just walk in and take what they wanted. So dug into my memories of Vietnam and came up with way to stop that.

Put up barb wire fence with lower part covered in plastic screen so chickens would stay out. Then got bunch of coke cans and put small rocks in to hang from wire (hang them using tab on top). Would make a lot of noise if anyone tried to come through and also had flood lights outside that I would turn on at night.

Then I went around fenced area and put sharpened bamboo stakes in ground. Her brother was in military so he gave me few claymores with no C-4 in them to add to outside of fence. Hell even the monks would walk by and shake their heads.

Had shotgun and every day at sunset would go out in yard and fire off few rounds. Not that this would stop anyone just made them think this is one crazy old SOB so they stayed away. True story lol

• Like 3

Parrothead

Hell, with all the mines in Cambodia that they dig up, I should be able to get someone to find me a few that have been deactivated.  That would be funny as hell, to have them spread around the joint. :D 

Personally, I am doing all I can to keep them out, for their safety.

• Like 1

thailandphil

few 500 lbers should do the trick paul----fish hooks hangen from line arround house works to

• Like 1

jimmyboy

Paul knows all about fish hooks for catchin turkeys i betcha

jawja people done do dat wiv a can er kawn!

• Like 1

luvthai2003

a jaycar smarty type could prolly but a 120v zapper together quite easily.

was thinking of incorporating one of those tennis racket bug zappers into a short walking stick with a metal head and shoe- buttons in the middle.

geriatric james bong sort of device.

i bet they have them in the land of the free!

double ended jedi stick for crowd control

a jaycar smarty type could prolly but a 120v zapper together quite easily.

was thinking of incorporating one of those tennis racket bug zappers into a short walking stick with a metal head and shoe- buttons in the middle.

geriatric james bong sort of device.

i bet they have them in the land of the free!

double ended jedi stick for crowd control

i've got one of those tennis racket bug zappers. it works great!

luvthai2003

What's the security like in your basic $10-12 a nite guesthouse in PP? I've spent 11 years in Asia from north to south and never had a problem, but I've never been to Cambodia, much less lived in it. Thanks.

N75544

Ex wives can be demons - "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Of 4 ex's, only one tormented me - after the divorce she burned me out, had only the clothes on my back - that's what prompted me to relocate far, far from her - as far as another country

Ah you too huh? Mine kidnapped our daughter back to japan so I have no legal standing there as a gaijin. feckers