emeraldbar

BBQ pulled pork sandwiches

wdwflash

Thanks Paul. Will try to get there tomorrow. Love Pulled Pork/Bar-B-Q sands. Can you get them to go?

Edited by wdwflash

Parrothead

I'm sure you can. They have offered to wrap foods I have ordered there before, for take away.

phuketrichard

sandwich looks good,

i eat the same sandwich at Sharkeys in PP

might i sggest, add some cole slaw ( eacy to make) to place on top.

Parrothead

Coleslaw is meant to be eaten on the side, not on the sandwich! 

dicey eye

When I lived in Texas they used to make sandwiches like this:

post-186-0-94284500-1374291251.jpg

post-186-0-37399100-1374291275.jpg

• Like 1

TorJay

Dicey, you are not comparing apples to apples here. The pics you posted appear to be corned beef or pastrami on rye or whole wheat.

phuketrichard

Coleslaw is meant to be eaten on the side, not on the sandwich! 

I prefer it on top along with Mayo and BBQ sauce!!

so serve it on the side an please everyone!!

amos

hmmm. i will try my hand at coleslaw; the sandwiches will stay on the menu in the future but not as the special. coleslaw will probably take a few days to put together; we are still getting used things out here to be honest. but i can try!

Parrothead

I prefer it on top along with Mayo and BBQ sauce!!

so serve it on the side an please everyone!!

I hear ya. While I am not much on mayo with bar-b-que, If Amos makes some coleslaw, I will make it a point to ask her to put it on the sandwich and try it out. 

hmmm. i will try my hand at coleslaw; the sandwiches will stay on the menu in the future but not as the special. coleslaw will probably take a few days to put together; we are still getting used things out here to be honest. but i can try!

Good deal. Put me down for one who will try it "Richard's way", when you decide to make it. 

How's it go? We ain't in Kansas anymore, Toto. :D  If you haven't been by to have one of her pulled pork sandwiches, you should try it. There is only one other place it town I have had a pulled pork sandwich. In my humble opinion, the one at Emerald Bar is better. 

Edited by Paul

dicey eye

[quote name=TorJay' timestamp='1374295369' post='12845]

Dicey, you are not comparing apples to apples here. The pics you posted appear to be corned beef or pastrami on rye or whole wheat.

I didn't say "pulled pork" - I just referred to generic "sandwiches". And when I lived in Texas 38 years ago, the majority of the sandwiches I was served, regardless of meat or type of bread had the coleslaw like stuff on them as in the posted snaps. Viva Texas! Remember the Alamo!