• $1250usd-----$1500usd
    • $1500usd-----$1750usd
    • $1750usd-----$2000usd
    • $2000usd-----$2500usd
    • $2500usd-----$3000usd
    • $3000usd-----$4000usd
    • #4000usd and above

dicey eye

No surprise - western style house. Now for Pip's view.

Showed Pip Khmer Cowgirl the photo of your place and asked her what she thought.

She immediately, like in a New York second, commented that there was no way in hell she'd ever consider living in something like that. She pointedly asked, "where are the close by neighbors to interact with", she's very, very sociable.She absolutely loves hobnobbing with the other four women that live in our compound. They shop at the market together, they cook together and they gossip together.

From her Cambodian eyes it is not appealing one iota.

Guess your Cambodian common law has a different view.

Pip is not westernized and probably would fight tooth and nail against any type of westernization in her life. She still refuses to use the western style toilet in our bathroom, she squats on the floor to pee after I got angry over footprints on the toilet seat.

And probably it's no surprise that if I were forced to choose between a western style house (like yours and the 2 I own in Central America) and Pip, I would most definitely pick  Pip.In my mind she is worth any so-called sacrifices.

I'm sure many, many members put more stock in real estate over people-relationships, I'm just not one of those. For an aging curmudgeon, I'm still kind of a romantic.  

• Like 1

Parrothead

During my years in the Philippines, I lived in everything from a Bed Spacer, to a large spacious home, and every thing in between.

In all honesty, I could live pretty much anywhere. Never have been picky about it. I do like spending not so much for a place though. This apartment is one of the cheapest I have resided in, anywhere. Hell, in 2006, I was paying this much per week, for a room in New Zealand.

shrek484

My house in Kosum was much the same and had 15 rai of land, but my wants, desires have really changed and that house was a mistake and never made me happy. (the chickens & dogs did though)

I live in a small 1 room apartment and love it, it is great for 1 or 2 and only 7,100 baht a month, utilities cost around 1,600 baht with wifi.

great pool and central, it's great to see how different we all are, for me I think my needs as I have grown older have changed and priorities along with it.

Now I like to live somewhere I can have a dog and a few chickens etc and not worry about them making a mess, but barking dogs drive me insane ;-(

damn i miss my dogs so much.......

phuketrichard

we have all the neighbors we want 1 minute down the road,

But behind the house, rubber/duran/mango planations an a waterfall that we hear at night,

peace and quiet an space for the dogs/cats to run free without being worried about being it by a car or moto.No walls,no razor wire, no bars on the windows, no roosters!!! no theft or worries, :-)

My gf works at a preschool an gets all the social interaction she needs 7 hours/day.

I work from home an love looking out over green grass &  trees and having a fresh breeze (we dont even own air cons), birds singing, chatting with the workers on their way to and from work.

rather than seeing a busy road with people diging in my trash an the constant blaring of moto horns.

All boils down to what you want out of life.  I will aim for peace and quiet any day

PS; i love walking outside an pissing on the grass, smoking  an walking around the house an yard in my boxers! and not worry about offending anyone!

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

dicey eye

I'm pretty much oblivious to my surroundings - my priority is keeping Pip happy. As she emphatically stated - she would NOT be happy in a western kind of house in the photo. Therefor it wouldn't work out in my relationship with her.

Edited by dicey eye

phuketrichard

i guess there are advantages to senility   :-)

In my life, my happiness comes first, than my gf/daughter

Parrothead

PS; i love walking outside an pissing on the grass, smoking  an walking around the house an yard in my boxers! and not worry about offending anyone!

Once in a while, you read that one sentence in a post - that you really do not want to picture, and really wish you had avoided. :D 

dicey eye

60 yrs ago at age 7 in Upstate NY I was able to write my 1st name by peeing in the snow.

Haven't put much stock in urination since then.

shrek484

I wear nappies now it eliminates the need for pissing on the grass and avoids those tell tale signs when one was to late for the toilet ;-)

• Like 3

Guest Kenny

60 yrs ago at age 7 in Upstate NY I was able to write my 1st name by peeing in the snow.

Last time I did that I was 16 and I got in trouble because it was in my 15 year old girlfriends hand writing.