shrek484

Ashley Ritchie looking to move to Cambodia

shrek484

Hi,

Thanks for adding me,

I am currently teaching in Thailand which I have done for 3 years. I have a BA in logistics and both basic and advanced TEFL certs.

Any information on jobs, housing etc would be greatfully appreciated.

Ash.

Parrothead

I know some places were looking for teachers, here in Battambang, a little while back. 

Most of the teaching jobs, I would imagine, would probably be in Phnom Penh. 

Let look and see if I can find one or two of the places, here in town, that were looking for teachers. I will post shortly, with my findings.

Parrothead
Here is one:

USA International School is seeking for part-time and full-time foreign teachers and an educational adviser.
the benefit base on your experiences. Interesting, Submit your CV soon.  - 17 / Feb / 2014  Link

Dewey International University is seeking 2 expat Teachers of English with attractive salary payment (Preferably native speakers) for kindergarten school for Dewey Childcare House. - 28 / Jan / 2014  Link

Edited by Paul

Parrothead

Here is a post by another member, who happens to teach in Sihanoukville. Take a look: Link

shrek484

Thanks Paul,

I have e mailed the first school but am not interested in KG, if you here of more I would be very grateful of the tips.It is looking more likely I will be leaving Thailand by the end of April.

Ash.

Parrothead

Okay. Anything I come across, I will post in a reply to this thread.

Parrothead

Dewey International University 

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT (Urgent)

Dewey International University licensed by the Royal Government of Cambodia through Sub-decree No.16 អ​នក្រ.បកdated on January 20, 2011, signed by Samdech Akkamohasenapadei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia. DIU was the first university in Cambodia created with strong support from three countries: Cambodia, United States of America and Germany. DIU is supported both materially and technically from many other countries around the world. 

In line with the continuing growth of the University and to meet the demands for a valued and high quality education. DIU is seeking many expat teachers of English, Math, Science, and other subjects (Preferably native speakers) for Kindergarten classes, grade 1 to 12 of Dewey International School-American Curriculum, and English program in Foreign Language Institute.  

Job Responsibilities:

The teachers shall provide conceptual, technical and managerial advice and support for strengthening Dewey International School- American Curriculum (DIS-AC), Foreign Language Institute, and further, support internal and external networking at national and scaling up of good practices and learning qualities especially in classroom teaching and for the entire curriculum of each program.

Duties :

·         Delivering interesting and motivating lesson stages

·         Supporting and facilitating access to quality education for all learning programs.

·         Teaching English or other subjects as assigned by the immediate supervisor of each program.

·         Teaching using self-center or/and student-center approach.

·         Engaging constantly parents in their child’s education development.

·         Making test for every month, and monthly test design, semester test design and final test design.

·         Writing daily lesson plans and making short report of student evaluation every month

·         Provide for a quality student and joining monthly meeting, and other necessary meetings

·         Be responsible for the classroom administration and administrative works

·         Supporting and facilitating access to quality education for all level programs.

Requirements

·         At least 2 year experience in teaching related subjects.

·         Pedagogy certificate in TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, Bachelor of English Literature holders, or Master in Childhood Education is a plus for potential managerial positions.

·         Interested in educational field and willing to work with children and youths.

·         Love and protect children and youths.

·         Strong commitment to working with international educational environment.

·         Very good in organizational skills.

·         Flexibility, adaptability, transparency, and enthusiasm.

·         Ability to create teaching aids and decorate classrooms.

·         Good spoken and written English communication skills.

·         Friendly, patient, sensitive, and honest.

Interested candidates, please submit soft or hard copies of your CV and Cover Letter via emails or to the office address below. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted by phone or email for interview. Women are encouraged to apply. The documents received will not be returned. We offer competitive salary and better working environment.

Contact Persons:

1-Mr. Bin Thoeun, Admin/HR Manager, Tel: 012 793 575 or 095 911 755, Email: thoeun.diubtb@

Address: Romchek IV Village, SangkatRattanak, Battambang City, Cambodia.  Tel: 0536 37 37 47, 095 89 09 09

E-mail: info@diucambodia.org Website: www.diucambodia.org

yahoo.com

2-Mr. Chum Puthi, Director of Academic Affairs, Tel: 077775584, Email: chhumputhe@gmail.com

Address: DIU, Romchek 4 Village, Sangkat Rattanak , Battambang City, Battambang Province, Cambodia.

Closing Date: March 31, 2014 by 5:00PM

Address: Romchek IV Village, SangkatRattanak, Battambang City, Cambodia. Tel: 053 6 37 37 47, 095 89 09 09

Email: info@diucambodia.org          Website: www.diucambodia.org

Parrothead

That's one I found a bit ago, Ash.

• Like 1