roamingman

Holiday In Cambodia

roamingman

Hello Everyone,

Im  Shawn a American Ex pat looking at moving somewhere new to make my dollar stretch a little further. Im a 33 year old male looking at visiting Cambodia  and deciding if Ill stay there for a bit or not.  I would like to know of any affordable apts in a central area. 

Im not to picky just looking for a place with a good local food market , running water , hot water for a shower, and good internet access.  Also is there any weight lifting gyms around any of the cities?   I appreciate any help or any feedback.

Cheers

Shawn

Parrothead

Hi Shawn,

I know of three gyms, here in Battambang. I know of at least two in Sihanoukville. I imagine Phnom Penh would have a number of them as well. 

In any of the cities I have lived in or visited, you can certainly find what you are seeking. 

I think you just need to decide if you want "big city living", or more of a laid back life style. 

SIhanoukville and Battambang are fairly laid back.

Phnom Penh is a major city, quite active all the time.

Kampot - small, makes "laid back Sihanoukville" look like a flourishing metropolis.

roamingman

Hi Paul ,

thanks for the info very helpful, I think I'm going to start off in Phnom Penh

for a month and see how  I like it, as for the past 5 years I've been living in Osaka and Tokyo

so I think I'm gonna need the busy city life for now.   

• Like 1

phuketrichard

think ur not going to see a busy city life in PP compared to Tokyo  :-)