dicey eye

Relatives minding the birds?

dicey eye

You have no worries over the not-so bright relatives minding the birds?

Parrothead

You have no worries over the not-so bright relatives minding the birds?

I have a LOT of worries. But, until December, when I can raise them to full grown here, there isn't a lot I can do. 

If I could move and find somewhere that has a house and some property, but still in the city, I would probably do that rather than putting any further monies at the farm.

I can't afford to lose an almost $400 USD investment, that is only going to grow larger over time. The original idea was to get the family in on this so they could be self sustaining, and I could earn a small income from it too. But, if they keep doing things the "Khmer" way, I will walk away from it all. 

dicey eye

I guess you don't plan on moving to the farm anymore?

Parrothead

Sorry. I was talking about helping them concerning selling larger, healthier, higher dollar chickens. I wasn't referring to living at the farm.

Either way, until this past month (four weeks ago), we had been staying at the farm. In fact, I was going to go and stay there this up coming week, for several days. 

But, late this past evening, I learned the farm supply had more chicks come in from Thailand. When we visited there a few days ago, we were told that they didn't know when they would have more chicks in. They said it would be some time, because no one had ordered any chicks. :rolleyes: Typical.

We were, well, I was under the impression it would be a while before they had more chicks, because they had the larger birds - 300 of them still, to sell. I guess that didn't have a bearing on getting more two day old chicks in after all. With more chicks having come in, I will drop by in the morning and pick up 20 more two, well now they are three day old chicks. 

So, for the moment, raising chicks here and having the other flock at the farm is what is keeping us from staying at the farm for longer periods of time. 

Oh, I expect an incubator to arrive, any day now. If we can get some fertilized eggs going here, we can start producing our own chicks.