Squid

Greeting from Gold Coast

Squid

Hello everyone and hope you are all well.

I am a holiday traveller so am basically once a year on the road.

So far the Philippines has been a place I have been visiting with mixed feelings.

The more I read and study Cambodia I want to make it part of my next visit and have already booked my flights.  This won't be until Feb next year, but that's ok.

I will be reading and learning patiently.

Take care everyone.

Parrothead

Hi Squid, and welcome. 

If you have any questions, do feel free to ask. 

dicey eye

Cambodia has a nice ambiance, wonderful female companionship and pleasantly corrupt gov. A fine place to chill.

• Like 1

Guest Kenny

Where are you on the Gold Coast Squid? I'm in Labrador.

johnny lightning

Hey Dicey. I believe I know what you mean but "pleasantly" is not the word I would use! I've also been hearing things about more officialdom coming which in another place might be welcome, but here means more paperwork and costs for no gain, unless you consider the extra dough going into pockets of those who already have plenty.

Johnny

dicey eye

if there's more bureaucratic rigamarole it won't be pleasant any longer - so far for the 5 1/2 yrs I've been here I just fell through the legalistic cracks. which has been nice.

more scrutiny is not nice.

Beech

Hi Squid,

I'm from Kingscliff (almost gold coast)

there's good info on this forum, and a good bunch of blokes

Squid

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for you offer of assistance Paul.  Actually I am looking at spending a few days in Battambang after Siem Reap.  I fly in to Siem Reap and fly home to Gold Coast from PP.

Dicey Eye a pleasantly corrupt Gov is becoming the norn everywhere now.

Kenny and Beech, I am at Palm Beach.

I have booked for the first 4 nights in Siem Reap and am thinking about a few days in Battambang before heading down to PP.  But am open to information and happy to look around.

I am interested in visiting Temples and maybe a river tour.  And of course some nightlife and cold beer.   Open street markets are a must also and am planning to see what handmade items are for sale, jewellery/trinkets ect.

Anyway thanks for all the replies.  Chat soon.