JTK88000

See ya later Thailand-heading for Cambodia!

Parrothead

I would think electronics will be more plentiful and cheaper in Thailand, than here. I think you would have less of a chance of being cheated there as well. Thieving bastards run many computer shops here in Cambodia. I have found only one that I trust. That shop is in Kampot. 

I would imagine glasses would probably be cheaper here. Nothing to go by, just my feeling. I will be buying a pair prior to returning to the states later this year. 

Dentist: Here in Battambang, $10 to $15 for fillings. This is USD I'm talking. We just got a quote for Chan, a few days ago. Cheapest was $40 for 4 fillings. 

JohnOBohn

Do ALL your electronics there.     Including any health issues.   There is ONE good dental shop here but they do not do deep root type cleaning, only polish the enamel. The only good software man in Sihanoukville just closed his store.     Most warranties do not travel between Asian countries.   Just the way life is.

phuketrichard

buy whatever in Thailand, better price and more selection

glasses, plenty of good shop on Monivong in PP

teeth cleaning /fillings, whatever Cambodia   Roomchang Dental in PP

had a lower bridge made there , its was about $200 cheaper than Thailand and had a Korean Dentist

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

Parrothead

The only good software man in Sihanoukville just closed his store.

What store just closed, John?

JohnOBohn

Excellent Computer before Lions Circle near Lucky Ocean Store.    A really nice guy and in my opinion the best computer technician in town.   Damn, but I hate to see him gone.

Parrothead

Excellent Computer before Lions Circle near Lucky Ocean Store.    A really nice guy and in my opinion the best computer technician in town.   Damn, but I hate to see him gone.

When I first arrived in Sihanoukville, I was advised to go there over other local shops. 

He would tell me when I got a motodop that would try to get money from him, for bringing a customer there. The thing about it was, I was the one who always requested to go there. The motodops never took me there on their own. :rolleyes: 

Sad to see them close their doors as well. 

Still the best one I know of is Sophan (I think is the name, in the old market building) Computers in Kampot. He is more honest than any of the others I have used, throughout the entire country. 

johnny lightning

I also used excellent. he was a good guy and I'm hoping he opens elsewhere. As for dental. you can get a proper cleaning with scaling etc. at the European dental centre, on Monivong I think. Not cheap but perhaps the best in town, at least they were.

Johnny

dicey eye

I used Excellent the 1st wk he opened, 6 yrs ago - back then he was tops. Had some serious relationship problems and I felt his service and attitude went down. Took my laptop to him 3 years ago and he advised to throw it away. Come to find out the hard drive had jarred loose. I put it back in place and have been using it everyday since his rather harsh diagnosis.

shaun

Sounds like a good idea that john