JTK88000

See ya later Thailand-heading for Cambodia!

jimmyboy

Seems SV is cheaper than SR. there are a lot of expat standard houses in SR now.

dicey eye

Best plan on Charlie Harpers for 2 or 3 months. Don't get rambunctious. fatal flaw with newbie expats. Take it slow, savor the new culture. After 2 or 3 months you'll know the lay of the land and I'm sure you'll find pleasant housing for under $150 per month. In the 6 yrs I was in SHV I never paid over $60 per month. Never paid 1st and last and never paid a security deposit. If you take it slow all kinds of good deals will pop up. And by the way, CH is an encyclopedia of useful info.

Parrothead

CH is an encyclopedia of useful info.

And shooters.

phuketrichard

The best cities to live and work remotely;

http://nomadlist.io/

Chiang Mai number 1 position an cheapest as well thumbsup.gif
now who is it that keeps saying Cambodia is cheaper than Thailand???

dicey eye

Now that's a fine example Thai love. And we know that love from the beginning of time warps reality to suit the love obsession.

Parrothead
now who is it that keeps saying Cambodia is cheaper than Thailand???

I am one who does.

You are comparing one city to an entire country, IF the estimates are accurate. 

AND, I imagine they are not taking visas into consideration. 

Not to mention, I have proven that I get 10 Megabits here at my home, in Battambang.

So, who needs the BS in dealing with visa issues when I can have the same thing right here?

• Like 1

Parrothead

Richard, I just revisited that site and sorted the columns by cheapest to most costly, as far as cost of living goes. 

It shows Pattaya being cheaper than Chiang Mai. I lived in Pattaya, and I can tell you for certain, there is no way in hell you are going to live there on $561 USD / month. That is, unless you own everything you have, outright - home, automobile, etc. That would be the only way one could come close.

I know it cost me less to live here in Battambang, than it ever did in Thailand - Pattaya or Bangkok.

For people in this position, though, there is no way in hell. No way.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

JTK88000

Hi guys, before leaving Thailand, there are several things on my short list to buy or take care of unless they are cheaper/better to do in SHV. Replace my laptop, electric shaver and digital camera. These things are on their last legs and I don't even want to lug them with me. Also, prescription eyeglasses and a trip to a dentist for a cleaning and filling replacement. With the possible exception of the dentist, all of these items are much more expensive here than back in the States. Warranties or returns will probably be non-existent. Am I better off rolling the dice over here or waiting till I get to Sihanoukville? Any ideas?

Thanks,

JT

JTK88000

That's 'eyeglasses'! E-Y-E-G-L-A-S-S-E-S.

JT

dicey eye

New computers and digital cameras are best bought in Thailand. More variety and cheaper there. Don't know about the other stuff.